Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,249
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess
Old

DIBS Recipe Number Two

Posted 07-12-2008 at 01:54 PM by christmascreations

Just a recap below you will find the explanation of DIBS and my recipe for Banana Bread which is the biggest DIBS item in my house.

Snack size bag filled with 1 cup sugar
Quart size bag filled with 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp baking soda

The next recipe selected for my DIBS is my Grandmother's recipe for Dream Cookies also known by others as Thumbprint Cookies.

DREAM COOKIES

PreHeat oven to 300 degrees

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. shortening
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
favorite jelly or hersey kisses

DIBS setup
snack size bag- 1 c. sugar
quart size bag- 2 c. flour and 1 tsp baking powder

Cream together shortening and sugar then add vanilla extract. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients (premixed in the quart size DIBS bag) until mixed through. Roll into small dough balls, place on an ungreased cookie...
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

"PRE"paring for DIBS....

Posted 07-12-2008 at 01:53 PM by christmascreations

DIBS is "Dry Ingredient Bags Setup". These are the dry ingredients of your favorite recipes premeasured and stored in ziploc bags.

This storage method enables you to prepare many recipes months in advance. It does not take long to do and yet will save you precious time during the MOST HECTIC time of the year. I will be using my BANANA BREAD recipe as an example throughout each step.

BANANA BREAD---Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla or banana extract
3 or 4 large, very ripe bananas
pinch of cinnamon (optional)

Cream the butter and sugar; add the egg. slowly add the dry ingredients (DIBS). mash the 3 or 4 ripe bananas with a fork in a bowl. Add the extract of choice and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon. Slowly add the banana mix to the batter and mix...
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas in July Day 12

Posted 07-12-2008 at 07:20 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Ho Ho Ho...it's Day 12 and my focus for today is the Kitchen and Baking....

I will work on some DIBS set ups today for cookies. I am also planning to make Hidden Treasures (cookies) from a new recipe I found and see how they turn out. I might make a few No Bakes too...stretch the food budget with a few "from scratch items" rather than buying premade.

While I play around with baking stuff I will keep my Christmas notebook in the kitchen so when things "pop into my mind" I will have it handy for jotting notes. It won't be all fun and games though because I have some Kitchen cleaning, organizing and decluttering to do. But I'm looking forward to getting the kitchen in shape and creating a warm welcoming environment...as so often happens,....the kitchen is the hub of our home and I need to continue working toward making it comfortable and functional!!

Othe MHH Christmas in July News....

1. This week is the duo: Mickey's...
Old

Christmas in July Day 11

Posted 07-11-2008 at 06:44 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Woohoo...it's the 11th day!!! Thinking about Christmas everyday sure has put me in the spirit...Here are my plans for today:.

I plan on working on some lists, trying out a new cookie recipe...have to test it before the Christmas Tea Party...gathering supplies for the post it notes project, and posting on my Rudolph Day blog...not a lot but a little...and each tiny step takes me closer to Christmas...

Yesterday I ordered some books off of the Christian book site....if you have not checked it out be sure and hop over...they are having a wonderful Christmas in July book sale...on the right hand side of the screen you can even pick whether you want items under 2 dollars, under 3 dollars and so on...easy way to sort so you can find some inexpensive stocking stuffers...they have more than books too...they have CDs, DVDs, ornaments, and decor items.

There are more and mores sites having July sales so hop around to your favorite ones and see whats up....
Old

Christmas in July Day 10

Posted 07-10-2008 at 01:53 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Virtual Project...Cleaning and Organizing the Gift Closet....

The ladies at Magical Holiday Home are all talking about our Virtual Project....cleaning and organizing our gift closets/totes/cubbies...whereever you have been stashing those gifts you have been buying!! We will be "meeting online...Monday July 14th from 8am-noon CENTRAL TIME and Wednesday July 16th from 4pm-8pm to sort, organize, inventory and otherwise make some order of our gifts.

Member Jackfrosty Says:

This is SOOOOO helpful-can't wait-I need to put these dates on my calendar!
{}finalize master gift list
{}go thru tote
{}inventory gift tags
{}put deadlines on gifts not yet finished

Some members (you know who you are!) have jumped the gun and started our next craft project...post in note stands...these little cuties...make great gifts for teachers, secretaries, or as part of an "office" gift basket! They work equally well for grandparents...just...

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award