Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,939
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan
Old

Christmas in July Day 12

Posted 07-12-2008 at 07:20 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Ho Ho Ho...it's Day 12 and my focus for today is the Kitchen and Baking....

I will work on some DIBS set ups today for cookies. I am also planning to make Hidden Treasures (cookies) from a new recipe I found and see how they turn out. I might make a few No Bakes too...stretch the food budget with a few "from scratch items" rather than buying premade.

While I play around with baking stuff I will keep my Christmas notebook in the kitchen so when things "pop into my mind" I will have it handy for jotting notes. It won't be all fun and games though because I have some Kitchen cleaning, organizing and decluttering to do. But I'm looking forward to getting the kitchen in shape and creating a warm welcoming environment...as so often happens,....the kitchen is the hub of our home and I need to continue working toward making it comfortable and functional!!

Othe MHH Christmas in July News....

1. This week is the duo: Mickey's...
Old

Christmas in July Day 11

Posted 07-11-2008 at 06:44 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Woohoo...it's the 11th day!!! Thinking about Christmas everyday sure has put me in the spirit...Here are my plans for today:.

I plan on working on some lists, trying out a new cookie recipe...have to test it before the Christmas Tea Party...gathering supplies for the post it notes project, and posting on my Rudolph Day blog...not a lot but a little...and each tiny step takes me closer to Christmas...

Yesterday I ordered some books off of the Christian book site....if you have not checked it out be sure and hop over...they are having a wonderful Christmas in July book sale...on the right hand side of the screen you can even pick whether you want items under 2 dollars, under 3 dollars and so on...easy way to sort so you can find some inexpensive stocking stuffers...they have more than books too...they have CDs, DVDs, ornaments, and decor items.

There are more and mores sites having July sales so hop around to your favorite ones and see whats up....
Old

Christmas in July Day 10

Posted 07-10-2008 at 01:53 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Virtual Project...Cleaning and Organizing the Gift Closet....

The ladies at Magical Holiday Home are all talking about our Virtual Project....cleaning and organizing our gift closets/totes/cubbies...whereever you have been stashing those gifts you have been buying!! We will be "meeting online...Monday July 14th from 8am-noon CENTRAL TIME and Wednesday July 16th from 4pm-8pm to sort, organize, inventory and otherwise make some order of our gifts.

Member Jackfrosty Says:

This is SOOOOO helpful-can't wait-I need to put these dates on my calendar!
{}finalize master gift list
{}go thru tote
{}inventory gift tags
{}put deadlines on gifts not yet finished

Some members (you know who you are!) have jumped the gun and started our next craft project...post in note stands...these little cuties...make great gifts for teachers, secretaries, or as part of an "office" gift basket! They work equally well for grandparents...just...
Old

Christmas in July Day 9

Posted 07-09-2008 at 07:37 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Well our first Christmas in July virtual crop was a lot of fun. We only had a few people that were able to work on crafts/scrapping...let me see.....Cathymac, stoerkel, AHorsesoul, me were working on a variety of projects....and girlsinmo and a couple other people checked in to say hi!!

Here's the breakdown...

Cathymac was working on some salt dough ornaments.

Stoerkel was working on some wine markers she made and a clipboard for a gift.

Ahorsesoul was working on some heritage information as she will be traveling and making a scrapbook about her family

I was working on a 6 x 6 Recipe book for a gift.

It was great fun and we got a lot accomplished...hey...if a little is better than nothing!! We will have a second Christmas in July virtual crop/craft time...I'll have to let you know the exact date and time!! If members are interested we may make it a monthly event...and work together...online ...once a...
Old

Christmas in July Day 8

Posted 07-08-2008 at 07:17 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Let's hear a bit from MHH members first today. As part of the Christmas in July Giveaway...they are to post some favorite memories or stories involving ornaments:

From Magnolia:

My absolute favorite ornaments are plastic canvas candy canes that my Mom made.

When she died, my Dad didn't share any of the Christmas ornaments with us girls. Since it was Mom's favorite holiday and she always went all out for it, that hurt so much. But I do have those candy canes that she made for me one year shortly after I left home, and I absolutely treasure them now.

From Dreamer:

My favorite christmas ornament is the chrocheted mini stocking my Gram made for me when I was born, every year she put a dollar into it with the deal that when I married and moved out I was to use that money to buy our very first christmas ornaments together. 18 years ago DH and I took Gram with us when we went Christmas Ornament shopping and we still hang

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award