Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,226
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Old

Christmas in July Day Four

Posted 07-04-2008 at 09:50 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Happy 4th of July...all my USA friends!!! Off to barbeque and fireworks later today but for now a bit of Christmas in July News.

Christmas Chatter Christmas Memory from MHH member Mrs. Soup:

One of my favorite things was going to my aunt and uncle's on Christmas Eve for a family dinner. All the family would be there, aunt's, uncle's, cousins, etc. My grandma always made dumplings and we would have turkey and all the trimmings. Then we would all pile into the fireplace room where the tree was and pass around gifts and open them. The kids usually did a drawing and we just brought a gift for whoever we drew, the adults did the same. Anyway, it was such a magical night back then, especially when it was snowing. Driving home I always thought the car tail lights and headlights looked like Christmas lights and I always got a tear in my eye driving past the decorated houses and listening to Christmas music.

Here's a link to information and directions about...
Old

Christmas in July Day 3

Posted 07-03-2008 at 05:37 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Wow...its Day Three already...where oh where does time go? For Day 3 we have been issued a challenge and the challenge is to do TWO things today....

One an actual GET something done item. Whether it's filling in menu plans, working on Christmas recipes, buying a couple of gifts, printing forms...anything BUT it has to be an actual DOING something not just planning.

Second a FUN item. Drink some hot chocolate, listen to Christmas music, watch a Christmas Movie, put on some Christmas socks.....something FUN and light hearted!!!

We have daily threads going for each day of Christmas in July...it's so fun to see what everyone is up to. I will be updating my Rudolph Day blog later tonight as work beckons today but I have a great cheese ball recipe up and will add some more items this evening!!

It's July 3rd...what are you doing to get ready for Christmas? Have fun and take care!
Old

Christmas in July Day 2

Posted 07-02-2008 at 07:17 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Day Two of Christmas in July... what do you have planned? Well the ladies (and gentlemen) over at MHH are talking about DIBS....no it's not a new candy....it's a new way to pre-pare your baking and just make life a little easier...it's Christmas Creation's idea and it's really catching on.

Dry Ingrediants Bags Setup....DIBS....you can read more about the project at Christmas Creations Corner blog

The main idea is to spend a few hour measuring and mixing the dry ingredients for some of your favorite breads or cookies...sort of like buying a mix...but you're making the mix yourself....save time and money!! Labeled and stored they are all ready to grab and bake!!

I am planning to make multiples of three different recipes so I can relax October -December knowing that a yummy treat is just a few minutes prep!!

Second on the list: Our first Christmas in July virtual crop....from 4-8 CENTRAL TIME on Tuesday July 8th...some of us are gathering...
Old

Christmas in July Day 1

Posted 07-01-2008 at 08:11 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Today is the first of July and the members at MHH are off and running.

This week's movie Scrooged, an older but beloved title gives us lots to think about. I love the lightheartedness of this flick but also the meaning embedded within it.

Quite honestly....I could have written a better closing speech than the one he gives to the whole world when he crashes the set and tells everyone that we should keep the spirit of Christmas ALL year long. But none the less...it has meaning and it reminds me of ALL of us who frequent the Christmas sites ALL year long. Christmas is not a DAY but an ATTITUDE.

If you are looking for something to read while you are waiting for the "official" Christmas in July stuff to come up on TV...I strongly suggest checking out the Rudolph Day blog ring. These blogs are awesome...lots of recipes, craft ideas, and just general warm and fuzzy stuff to read. Some of the members will be doing daily updates.
Old

The Magic of Christmas in July

Posted 06-30-2008 at 09:11 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

At Magical Holiday Home, itís week one of our month long Christmas in July celebration! We are starting out a little slow this week to allow people to celebrate the 4th of July here in the U.S.A. Each week we will view a certain holiday movie and discuss it in our forums. We will also be doing virtual projects, crafts, book readings, and any number of other projects. Here on my blog I will be popping in frequently to update you on activities and share ideas that are being talked about.

Christmas Chatter threads will be started weekly also. These threads focus on a certain Christmas topic and our members will be sharing their thoughts, ideas, and suggestions for making Christmas the most magical time of the year in their homes!

Our movie selection for Week One is Scrooged starring Bill Murray. This 1988 twist on the classic A Christmas Carol features Murray as a cynical, hardened TV executive who is haunted by three ghosts bearing lessons about Christmas and

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award