Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,013
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy
Old

Rudolph Day Plans

Posted 06-20-2008 at 07:06 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Many of us over at Magical Holiday Home have set up personal blogs to write about Rudolph Day and our personal goals and plans for accomplishing Christmas prep stuff all year long. One of the members Cathy issued a challenge to put together a list for the remainder of the year so we KNEW ahead of time what we wanted to do rather than flying byt the seat of our pants....ummmm...novel idea! So I thought I would share with you here the list that I created, It started in May and I am leaving those in place here also so you can get and idea of the scope of the plan.

May:
  • Finalize baking plans
  • Update Christmas Recipe Notebook
  • Finalize menu plans for all events
  • Buy 4 gifts
June:
  • Create master shopping list for each event
  • Create master shopping list for baking
  • Stocking Stuffers (shop shop shop) Finish!!!
  • Buy 4 gifts
  • Make a decor plan for each room sort/label boxes
July:
  • Christmas in July Crafty gifts (4)
  • Make Christmas cards (40)
  • Buy 4 gifts
  • Update
Old

The Magic of Friendship

Posted 06-14-2008 at 09:22 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Here is one of the Twelve Magic Elf Celebrations....Number 1...the Magic of Friendship

One of the most rewarding aspects of life is friendship. Magic Elves present many avenues for enriching and celebrating friendships. So lets start out our holiday season focusing on friendship. What ways can we use the Magic Elf concept to deepen our relationships with friends? How can we find time to enjoy being with others, get a few things accomplished, and create memories that will stay with us forever?

Elf Friendship Tea: Consider hosting an Elf Friendship Tea. There are several recipes out there for Friendship tea or serve different flavored teas. A lot of Christmas-y ones are available. Make this an early holiday tradition starting late November or the first of December. Relaxing with friends and enjoying tea, sconces, and other delicacies. And don’t forget to rename one or all of the teas with an “elf name”. Create invitations from the Elves and mail them or hand deliver...
Old

Christmas Through Life

Posted 06-13-2008 at 06:50 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Christmas through life....it seems that the love of Christmas stays with me through life but its essence changes with the passing of the years. What does this mean?

Well as a tiny tot...from a family without much money...Christmas was a time to receive something extra special...something out of the ordinary that was not a part of day to day life...

As a teenager Christmas meant getting to see people happy and laughing ...enjoying each other...and of course still a gift or two.

As a young adult with small children Christmas was about creating a special happy time...with memories of Christmas lights, pretty packages, and good things to eat...

As an older adult with older kids (LOL)...Christmas was about helping make memories and connections and moving away from the it's ALL about gifts and goodies...more toward it is better to give than receive.

As a Grandmother... Christmas is about people NOT presents...not to say that...
Old

The Spirit of Christmas Within

Posted 06-07-2008 at 08:08 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

My Merry Christmas began on a whim and for many years endured as just a seasonal endeavor.

Never designed to be a business or a money-maker, the site has it's genesis in the pure love of the season.

I can recall those first years online. We didn't have any direction other than to just post the Santa updates from Thanksgiving to Christmas and gather information as people would email in requests.

Somewhere along the line -- around 1997, I believe -- I started to take more of a year round interest as I noticed that more and more people were contacting me in the dead months of summer to ask Christmas questions.

Back then MMC was a like a buffet -- you could just belly up to the bar and take what you wanted.

But as it grew in popularity and folks started asking for more specific things we started looking for ways to generate it. We had no budget whatsoever.

In fact, I was just a poor working slob with...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

Sleepless in Missouri

Posted 06-06-2008 at 08:54 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Last night for lots of reasons I found myself wide awake at 3:00 am...after tossing around a bit I decided to get up and play online...why not...sleep was alluding me anyway.
So I traveled through the Christmas sites...giving my mind a break from the daily grinds, disappointments, and worries we encounter on life's journey. Noticed a few other late night travelers too and it was a comfort to know that others find peace too in the beauty of the Christmas boards...be it Merry Forums, Magical Holiday Home, Christmas Talk, and so on...there's always a little something to boost the spirit.

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award