Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Blog Entries

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Presentblue Guide to Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-08-2012 11:50 AM
Last post by jimmydbrown
12-27-2012 04:59 AM
82,741 Views  4 Posts
The Year Santa Was...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:33 PM
54,399 Views  0 Posts
Kids and Santa Online
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:23 PM
48,518 Views  0 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,120 Views  7 Posts
Christmas Candles
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:20 PM
54,014 Views  0 Posts
Old

the otter controversy

Posted 05-05-2008 at 07:05 PM by dvdelf (Musings of Christmas cheer, movies & other things)

Ok time to tackle this head on.

Have you seen Emmet otter?

Are you sure?

What if I told you that if you have watched it recently on dvd, you probably have not seen ALL of Emmet otter?

Lets look at the first release from columbia.
Theres an edit job on the laudry delivery between Ma & Gretchen fox.

Theres another edit between Emmet & ma, right around "aint no hole in the washtub. Also some added lines to the song.

Theres an added act to the talent show

theres another removal on dialogue between Will possum & mayor fox

theres a complete removal of a scene with kermit.

Second release, collectors edition from HIT

First up Kermit the frog is completely gone from this release. At this point Disney owned Kermit, & they were not about to allow someone else to cash in on him.

There are however lots of added...
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A guide to DVD's

Posted 05-05-2008 at 07:15 AM by dvdelf (Musings of Christmas cheer, movies & other things)

So you're looking to expand your christmas movie collection?
Looking in walmart, or on amazon or just about anywhere else you'll be overwhelmed by selections.
Theres special editions & anniversary editions & blah blah blah.
So what should YOU get?
Lets break it down.
Are you interested in just watching the movie? Are you interested in bonus features such as commentaries, documentaries & interviews & such?
Would you like a colorized version of a black & white classic?
These are the things you will be checking for.

Most Christmas movies that are out now, are single disc releases. Play the movie, & thats about it. Maybe a feature or 2.

But some of the classics & newer releases are being released in two disc & special editions.
You'll be looking for things that might interest Commentaries by folks that were involved in the making of the movie
deleted scenes that...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Why I believe in Santa Claus

Posted 05-04-2008 at 08:31 PM by dvdelf (Musings of Christmas cheer, movies & other things)

I admit it, I believe in Santa Claus.
Why not?
Because he flys all the way around the world in one night?
Because he fits millions of toys for children the world over in a sleigh & delivers them in a single night?
Because he's a rather large gentleman that somehow squeezes himself down the chimney to deliver said presents & then goes back up when hes done?

How about this:
Santa Claus visits all these children all over the world & gives them gifts for one reason, to make them happy. Does he ask for anything in return? No We give him cookies, but does he ever ask for them? No of course not, but he eats them for the same reason he brings gifts.
LOVE
Santa Claus loves everyone, & he loves to make them happy.

Are the things he does impossible?
By our conventional understanding of the world sure.
But not too long ago, we thought the world was flat, the earth was the center of the...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The most important Christmas ever

Posted 05-04-2008 at 04:51 PM by dvdelf (Musings of Christmas cheer, movies & other things)

The most important Christmas ever

Its coming, I can feel it. I hear its footsteps. I dread its approach, but I want to embrace it with all my heart. I want to grab it & hold onto it, & never let go. I want to throw a celebration that all will remember for years to come. I can't deny it, I can't ignore it, but I CAN make it a great Experience.

It's the most important Christmas ever, & it will be here in just nine months time.

To understand the importance of this Christmas over the 33 others I have celebrated in my lifetime you have to know all facts.

I have a nephew who is 17. Between now & Dec. 25th he will turn 18.

Childhood is over.

Life beckons.

Who can say where the future will lead?

Sure there will be other Christmases in the future. Sure there will be many we will share together. But this Christmas marks...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Merry Blog

Posted 05-04-2008 at 01:18 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)
Updated 05-04-2008 at 01:42 PM by Jeff Westover

Welcome to the first ever blog entry here on MMC.

Those who know me know that I'm a habitual blogger. Perhaps it is just the socialite in me or perhaps I'm merely a verbose voyeur. Whatever. Blogging is just cool.

I'm curious more to see how folks here use these blogging capabilities than what I may contribute myself. When it comes to public spewing over Christmas I'm pretty well covered between the forums and all the Christmas sites I'm associated with.

But you never know.

Maybe we'll get Jay to expound on how to conduct ourselves at the company holiday party (no companies hold Christmas parties anymore).

Or, perhaps we'll get SC to teach us the fine art of white beard application (and removal, of course).

Or maybe we'll get Jinglebelle to stop in an pontificate about Christmas in the snowless regions of the south.

Whatever.

And that, ultimately, is what blogging is...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award