Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Christmas, Life, and Family

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,914
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,613)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Old

Happy 6th!

Posted 04-12-2011 at 09:14 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)
Tags 6th, birthday

6 years ago at this moment (11:00pm), we were only a little more than an hour away from meeting our first child. I was unaware of how much my life was going to change, even though we had gone to classes, read books, etc... Nothing could prepare you for how much your world changes. My boy JP will be 6, and to see how much he has grown from that little helpless baby, to such a smart, energetic, handsome boy he is now, is such a shock. I love that boy so much, he has changed my life for the better, and I will continue to do my best to raise him to be a respectful, honest, caring young man. Nearly 6 years ago we were bringing him home for the first time, two young parents standing on the stoop of our apartment, crying and looking at each other, with one question: What do we do? I think we have done well thus far.

Happy 6th Birthday JP!
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Birthday Thoughts

Posted 01-07-2011 at 10:00 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)
Tags birthday

My 36th birthday for all intents and purposes has come and gone. I have dreaded this one for a long time, not for the number my age has become but what happened to my mother at this age. Most of you know my mother passed away from breast cancer at age 36, leaving a stigma on that number possibly forever for me. I know the chances of me passing at age 36 are probably as likely as they were at 35 or 30 for that matter. It has been almost 20 years since that horrible day came and went, but the age 36 has never changed in my mind.

The other little thing I do for my birthday is leave make sure I leave all my Christmas decorations up and on through and at least one day past my birthday. I remember being a child and asking my parents to please leave the tree up for my birthday, they only did it once that I remember, but I remember being very happy when it happened. I have always loved Christmas, especially the tree. So my tree (and decorations) must always be up past my birthday...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award