Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Christmas, Life, and Family

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,912
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Old

I Am Not Afraid

Posted 04-15-2013 at 09:01 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Here I sit, just hours after what looks to be a terrorist act at the Boston marathon, and I am saddened by the carnage, injuries, and casualties but angry that this has happened again.
My adult life has been riddled with terrorism, school shootings, and other disturbing issues caused by sick individuals. Boston is a city I love, a city I have loved since I was a young child when I would go see Boston Harbor, New England Aquarium, Boston Museum of Science, Fenway Park for many Red Sox games, and TD Garden for the Bruins. I have walked many miles in Boston, which is a great walking city, and I am sure I have walked by the area that was bombed more than once.
The innocence that once was part of this city, state, country is gone due to other acts such as the first WTC bombing in '93, Oklahoma City, and of course 9/11. After 9/11, I lived in fear of being involved in an attack. As the years have gone into the rearview, I can see that is no way to live, in fear of what you can't...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award