Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells The Magi
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:56 PM
Last post by MartinGibbs
12-07-2012 03:01 PM
70,088 Views  1 Posts
Top Ten Questions for...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:08 PM
54,598 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Say a Prayer
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
07-11-2011 05:27 PM
1 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,106 Views  1 Posts
Up in Flames
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:26 PM
47,871 Views  0 Posts
Old

A Journey Of Spirit

Posted 12-12-2012 at 01:28 AM by caninemom3
Updated 12-12-2012 at 01:30 AM by caninemom3

There was a Christmas special which premiered many years ago called Mr. Krueger's Christmas. I think it was largely overlooked and for me it is one of the most moving, Christmassy specials there ever has been. In it, Jimmy Stewart plays a man who is very much alone and very much in need of love and friendship. He is a widowed janitor of an apartment building and daydreams most of the time to escape loneliness. One of his daydreams is about the first Christmas. He daydreams that he is right there when it happened !

This is particularly meaningful for me as I have done the same thing many times. I think of it as a journey of my spirit.

As I daydream, I start to become drowsy and fall asleep and as I do so I can see in my mind the hilly country around me. There are lots of sheep and shepherds in the hills. It is a chilly night though not as chilly as some of our Christmas carols make it. Everything is peaceful as I walk along. Nobody can see me since this journey...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

Christmas Family

Posted 11-11-2011 at 08:05 AM by caninemom3

Many years ago a couple took a journey because of a census. The husband led the way with his wife seated on their donkey. She was growing quite tired and weary as their destination was so far and she was expecting her first child soon.

When they arrived there was not any place they could stay. The only shelter available was in a place where cattle are kept and there was no bed for her baby.

When he was born there were no fancy hospitals, no monitors to make sure he and his mother were okay, nothing but coldness and uncertainty about the future.

The mother and her husband knew everything would be fine as they had great faith and they were right.

As we celebrate Christmas let us remember it does not take money, extravagant presents, or bounties of fattening foods. It just takes being with the ones who are your family and being together. Let us embrace those we love and count our blessings and be kind to one another even if we have...
Old

Nani And The Christmas Ornament

Posted 11-03-2011 at 10:21 PM by caninemom3

I will never forget the Thanksgiving of 1975. It was a truly different and unforgetable Thanksgiving.

At the time, my husband David and I were living in our first home and as luck would have it that year, it was his turn to work midnights the week of Thanksgiving. Knowing that we would not be making it to our parents' homes on the day itself, we celebrated with them earlier.

When Thanksgiving Day itself arrived I was rather blue and lonely. Here it was, Thanksgiving, a day to not only be thankful, but for our family the very start of Christmas Season and while my husband rested in our upstairs bedroom, I watched the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV in a blue fog.

I was POSITIVE this was going to be the WORST Thanksgiving EVER. Until the phone rang.

It was my dear sister. Her name is Margaret but I call her Nani because of the movie, Lilo And Stitch. She too was lonely, and also had the same blue fog about her. She wondered if she...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Potpourri Of Events

Posted 10-20-2011 at 12:29 AM by caninemom3

It is quiet in the house......Wish is here beside me, Clancy is happily snoring on the couch. The fire is warm and glowing. Yet here I am. It is 2 a.m. and I can't sleep.

There are so many things on my mind. Today in Ohio a "sheriff"decided to implement a killing spree of wild animals that had been turned loose. No effort to try and tranquilize them. Just kill. I hate violence, especially violence toward animals. If they had been attacking people it may have been one thing but they were not so the "easy" way out was taken, just kill them. I won't EVEN go into what I would like to do that that sheriff. Suffice to say if I had MY WAY he would be given the same chance as those animals were.

Friday marks a few things. One very important event is it is my father's birthday. My dad was born in 1907 so he would be quite old now. I still think of you pop xo and of course I still love you and miss you. You always pretended to be SO GRUFF but as...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Animals' Christmas Prayer

Posted 03-31-2011 at 01:17 PM by caninemom3

[CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]The Animals' Christmas Prayer [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff][IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n52xbyFRPUo/TP_QvPM1l9I/AAAAAAAAA2k/15ZPbuyHI64/s320/christmas+cats+and+dogs.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=seagreen]O[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0080][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]n the night before Christmas [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]homeless animals prayed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]"Give us a voice Lord on this Christmas day" [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Let us speak to the world That turns a blind eye [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award