Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,460
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Bells
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:12 PM
52,526 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2007
By MMC Editor
06-11-2007 11:13 PM
54,692 Views  0 Posts
A Parent's Night Before...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:41 PM
40,429 Views  0 Posts
Learning the True...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:02 PM
44,765 Views  0 Posts
“Christmas Afternoon” by...
By MerryCarey
05-14-2012 11:51 AM
38,862 Views  0 Posts
Old

Thoughts On A Hot Summer Evening

Posted 07-23-2012 at 10:29 PM by caninemom3

It is late on a Monday evening and still quite warm out. Everyone is asleep except for me. That is pretty usual. I never seem to be able to sleep when everyone else is sleeping. I am tired and on the verge of a full blown migraine attack but no matter, for I am content for the moment.

Today I turned in my resignation to the transcription company I work for. This is the second time I have done so, but I am hoping the final time. I have only been with them since February of 2011 and it has been an outright nightmare from day one. Their dicators are the WORST I have ever heard in my life and that is not always because they are "foreign". Even their "regular American" dictators are quite bad. You would think after being a medical transcriptionist for 19 years I would be able to handle any dialect, even bad speaking American doctors, but that is not the case. Perhaps I am just not that good at my job. Whatever the reason, I am hoping to get back to enjoying...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Monster Inside

Posted 04-29-2011 at 12:44 PM by caninemom3

It's back. It has raised its ugly head once again. Only this is not a monster one can conquer with weapons or anything of that nature. This is a monster who lives within me, within my emotions and strikes when I am at my lowest. I am talking about my food addiction. I am a compulsive eater. Always have been. I have tried EVERYTHING including hypnosis, psychotherapy, behavior modification. EVERYTHING. You name it, I have done it.

The ONLY way I can put this monster in limbo is by staying away from all the foods I find to be trigger foods, which is almost anything but usually high fat foods, high carbohydrate foods, and the like.

Why am I like this ???? No matter what I do the monster always wins, ALWAYS. I may win a few battles but the monster always wins the war.

I try to think of other things when I get that compulsion to binge.......try to pay attention to music, books, my furchildren, take walks, take a nap (which is REALLY dangerous because...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The World's Greatest Chef

Posted 02-23-2011 at 08:55 PM by caninemom3
Tags chef, diet, love

WORLD'S GREATEST CHEF

I love the taste of T-bone steak,
Delicious every bite,
But there's nothing like the Word of God,
For my spiritual appetite.

The Word of God has milk and meat,
And even ice cream and cake.
Take a slice of the Bread of Life,
And coffee to keep us awake.

Open your Bible and turn to Psalms,
For David's famous buffet.
You can drink all the wine of the Word you want,
And still feel fine the next day.

There's enough of the Word for everyone,
And no one has to cheat.
The Word of God is a smorgasbord,
So take all you are able to eat.

Let's have a little long suffering,
Job gives the recipe.
Patience is the main ingredient,
Self denial is the fee.

Wrap that up in temperance,
It may not make much sense,
Cover that with contentment,...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award