Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » lauriebear

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123
Old

A January Christmas

Posted 01-28-2013 at 01:30 PM by lauriebear
Updated 01-28-2013 at 01:32 PM by lauriebear (add category)

I was going through some old letters and cards that were in a draw. As I was doing this of course I stopped and read a few, one really caught my attention though, from a neighbor that passed away. It was a little sad and a whole lot glad. I hadn't remembered this letter and couldn't believe my luck at finding it. She wrote, "Dear Laurie, I wanted to thank you for the brownies this past Christmas, it was so nice of you to remember me. It brought back lovely memories of days spent baking with my daughters. One thing we did was bake Christmas Cookies in January. Every January we would set a day aside and gather around to bake and talk. I started this in 1965 when Mindy was 4, and Carol was 9. We so enjoyed having a little Christmas in January that we continued to do it for many years. I do not quite remember when we stopped, but life soon got in the way, I called my girls today and we have a Christmas in January set up for next week, I have you and your lovely brownies to thank....
Christmas Deity
Old

What does Thanksgiving mean to you?

Posted 11-13-2012 at 01:41 PM by lauriebear

Thanksgiving Day, is celebrated in America and in other Nations as well but as I am from the U.S. I will blog on my own humble thoughts of the day. Thanksgiving is a time to gather with family and friends to give thanks for the many blessings enjoyed by the nation and their citizens. However, to many people, its meaning is lost. It has become simply another day without special meaning.

Turkey dinners, cranberries, candied yams, stuffing, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and family gatherings, these are all commonly associated with most Americans’ yearly celebration of Thanksgiving Day. But, what does Thanksgiving really mean to you?

In the United States, Thanksgiving is on the fourth Thursday of November. On this holiday, a Thanksgiving meal is prepared with all the trimmings; families gather together and talk, while others watch a game or a parade filled with pilgrims, Indians and other colonial figures. Some families may even have their own yearly Thanksgiving...
Christmas Deity
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Life, Love, and the Everyday Family...

Posted 02-22-2012 at 08:03 AM by lauriebear

It has been a while since my last post and well I wanted to let you all know what I have been doing!!!

Believe it or not my husband and I are expanding our business. Yup, you read that right, in this crazy economy we have not only managed to survive but thrive. We are a small business, I still work a full time job outside the home too. I have all along. We are not really married hubby and I but we have been together over 12 years now so we haven't done the deed but we are in it together. I work in construction, it is awesome because it is so busy and each day brings a new issue I love the challenge construction brings!

Anyway back to building a business and making it work. We were never very big even in the crazy boom period we keep it nice and simple, but we decided to expand and merge with his brothers company, that will give us a total of 5 trucks and 3 men plus me handling the office. I am very excited.

Life is very funny that way right,...
Christmas Deity
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Did you re-gift your childhood???

Posted 12-27-2011 at 09:05 AM by lauriebear

Today is 12/27/2011, a time now when most of the world is starting to look towards New Year’s Eve and resolutions for the New Year. My question is this to you MMC, if you were part of the Countdown to the season I was honored with the privileged to have post #3, on the countdown. I asked everyone to re-gift their childhood, and experience Christmas with the heart of a child again. Did you? How many wrapped up a gift for themselves to open and experience Christmas with the innocents of a child again? I know I did, I wrapped it up and gave it to myself this season and I am not sure if this had anything to do with it but I must admit I had a wonderful time!!! I found myself being just a little kinder, a little more forgiving, and just in general understanding. I stated in this post that “Christmas, not New Years Day, is a time when we can start anew, fresh, begin again, be reborn, however you may want to look at it. You see it really is the perfect time, for this is when we are...
Christmas Deity

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award