Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,237
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje
Old

God And The Higgs Boson

Posted 07-07-2012 at 01:37 AM by caninemom3

It seems the scientific world has a new "toy". Scientists at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland have discovered at long last their elusive "masterpiece", the Higgs boson, i.e., the God particle.

I am not an intellectual by any means but I can tell from all the hoopla this has received in the press it is apparently a big deal.

Why ? Well apparently the Higgs boson is the particle that gives matter mass. It is associated with the theory that the universe was created with a "big bang".

I can never understand why when something scientific is discovered the elitists from the physics community always say whatever discovery it is points to there being no creator, no God and the Higgs boson is no exception. I surfed a few forums in the last few days where all these "brainy" people are going on and on about the Higgs boson and how it proves there is no God. Worse yet, the majority of them were saying plenty of rude things...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

Life's Message

Posted 06-05-2011 at 07:41 AM by caninemom3

I must be waxing philosophical this morning or something. I am sitting here trying to figure out what life, my life in particular, is all about. I have heard many, many philosophies about the subject in my time and none of them explains anything to me. We have all asked, I am sure, why am I even here ? This is a question I not only ask but live daily, hourly sometimes.

Is life supposed to be about loss, about pain and suffering ?? I suppose those things are all a part of all our lives and it is not that I have suffered more than anyone else. In fact my "cross" has been very light compared to those of others.

Still sometimes I am weighed down and feel as though I cannot take even one more step or crawl one more inch.

Now, here comes the pity party.

Why are all my family gone ?? everyone except my dear sister. Why am I so alone all of the time ?? At least that is the way I feel. Even my best friends in...
Old

The Centurian

Posted 04-18-2011 at 08:45 PM by caninemom3

[I][B]by Max Lucado[/B][/I]

The day began as had a hundred others—dreadfully. It was bad enough to be in Judea, but it was hell to spend hot afternoons on a rocky hill supervising the death of pickpockets and rabble-rousers. Half the crowd taunted, half cried. The soldiers griped. The priests bossed. It was a thankless job in a strange land. He was ready for the day to be over before it began.

He was curious at the attention given to the flatfooted peasant. He smiled as he read the sign that would go on the cross. The condemned looked like anything but a king. His face was lumpy and bruised. His back arched slightly and his eyes faced downward. “Some harmless hick,” mused the centurion. “What could he have done?”
Then Jesus raised his head. He wasn’t angry. He wasn’t uneasy. His eyes were strangely calm as they stared from behind the bloody mask. He looked at those who knew him—moving deliberately from face to face as if he had a word for each.
Old

The Ultimate Interview

Posted 04-02-2011 at 02:45 PM by caninemom3

AN INTERVIEW WITH Jesus

Come in," Jesus said to me, "So, you would like to interview Me?"

"If you have the time," I said.

He smiled through His beard and said: "My time is called Eternity and is enough to do everything. What questions do you have in mind to ask me?"

"None that are new to you. What's the one thing that surprises you most about mankind?"

He answered: "That they get bored of being children, are in a rush to grow up, and then long to be children again.

That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health.

That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live neither for the present nor the future.

That they live as if they will never die, and they die as if they had never lived..."

His hands took mine and we were silent. After a long...
Old

A Child's Angel

Posted 03-21-2011 at 04:38 PM by caninemom3
Tags angel, god, heaven, mommy

[B]For you Susy, Always My Angel and Friend As Well As my Mom xoxo[/B]

A CHILD'S ANGEL

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. So one day she asked
God:

They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow but how am I going to live
there being so small and helpless?

Among the many angels, I chose one for you. She will be waiting for you and
will take care of you.

But tell me, here in Heaven, I don't do anything else but sing and smile,
that's enough for me to be happy.

Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day. And you
will feel your angel's love and be happy.

And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I
don't know the language that men talk?

Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever
hear,...

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award