Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Developing an Attitude...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:24 PM
45,179 Views  0 Posts
Clement Clarke Moore:...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 02:58 PM
Last post by Jeff Westover
12-19-2011 11:09 AM
61,736 Views  2 Posts
Jingle Bell
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:57 PM
46,402 Views  0 Posts
The Art of Wassail
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:19 PM
43,966 Views  0 Posts
When should presents be...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:51 PM
50,516 Views  0 Posts
Old

An Insomniac Diary Part I

Posted 01-25-2011 at 11:07 PM by caninemom3
Tags hope, jobs

It is 12:49 a.m. here. My furchildren are all asleep and so is my husband yet here I am awake. Tired, exhausted and utterly awake. I have given my 2 week notice at my current job and have another job I start next week. I am a medical transcriptionist and I have worked at home for 3-1/2 years with the same company. I will be continuing to work at home but with a new company and the new job is night shift. It should work well in that regard as I am awake so much at night when I should be sleeping.

What is it about changing jobs that is such a big deal ?? I guess that depends on each person to an extent. I know the obvious reasons for me are what if it doesn't work out ? What if I am even more out of work than before ? What if I get "sucky" accounts ? What if ??

All I really know for certain is that I have had to muster up all the courage I can and pray for guidance so that I can leave my present position. We don't get anywhere in this life without...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Into The Future With Frustration

Posted 01-20-2011 at 07:23 AM by caninemom3
Tags dog, jobs, tricks

I am a medical transcriptionist by occupation. This whole month has been a nightmare. Typically work tends to slack off and there are perhaps some slow periods but always by this time in January things have always picked up. Not so this year. I have been with my current company 3-1/2 years. Ever since the 1st of January, there has literally been NO WORK. If I were being paid an hourly wage I would not be this worried. However, I get paid PER LINE. This means that if I don't type there is NO MONEY.

What has happened ?? The company is not being forthcoming, this I know for sure.

I have taken a job with a new company and am both excited and scared. If anything changes in my life I tend to greet it with a combination of those two emotions. Excited because it is still doing transcription at home, it is more money. Scared because I have never worked for this company before and the first pay period will probably be based on minimum wage because it is considered the...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award