Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear
Old

"Father, Forgive Them"

Posted 04-22-2011 at 11:17 AM by caninemom3

[I]by Max Lucado[/I]

The dialogue that Friday morning was bitter.
From the onlookers, “Come down from the cross if you are the Son of God!”

From the religious leaders, “He saved others but he can’t save himself.”

From the soldiers, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”

Bitter words. Acidic with sarcasm. Hateful. Irreverent. Wasn’t it enough that he was being crucified? Wasn’t it enough that he was being shamed as a criminal? Were the nails insufficient? Was the crown of thorns too soft? Had the flogging been too short?
For some, apparently so...

Of all the scenes around the cross, this one angers me the most. What kind of people, I ask myself, would mock a dying man? Who would be so base as to pour the salt of scorn upon open wounds? How low and perverted to sneer at one who is laced with pain…

The words thrown that day were meant to wound. And there is nothing more painful than...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

Do You See Him ?

Posted 11-21-2010 at 01:23 PM by caninemom3

[B]Do You See Him?[/B]
[B][I]by Max Lucado[/I][/B]

[B]IT’S CHRISTMAS NIGHT. THE HOUSE IS QUIET. [/B]

[B]Even the crackle is gone from the fireplace. The last of the carolers appeared on the ten o’clock news. The last of the apple pie was eaten by my brother-in-law. And the last of the Christmas albums have been stored away having dutifully performed their annual rendition of chestnuts, white Christmases, and red-nosed reindeers.[/B]

[B]It’s Christmas night.[/B]

[B]The midnight hour has chimed and I should be asleep, but I’m awake. I’m kept awake by one stunning thought. [/B]

[B]The world was different this week. It was temporarily transformed.[/B]

[B]The magical dust of Christmas glittered on the cheeks of humanity ever so briefly, reminding us of what is worth having and what we were intended to be. [/B]

[B]We forgot our compulsion with winning, wooing, and warring. We put away our...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award