Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,930
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02
Old

My Christmas With Nat King Cole

Posted 01-01-2011 at 07:22 PM by caninemom3

It has often been said that it is not good to dwell too much in the past. Since all of my fondest memories exist in the past that is where I spend a lot of my time, especially at Christmas time. Memories are a funny thing. It takes only a certain mood, a certain fragrance, a certain set of weather conditions or a certain song or piece of music to resurrect memories especially Christmas memories.

All it takes to send me to Christmas past is to hear the first few bars of The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. It doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing. Once I hear the first few notes of this beautiful song and the incomparable vocals of Nat King Cole I am immediately 7 years old again.

For me there seems to be a sort of a magic presence in this song. Once it begins I can almost see myself, 7 years old, very shy and with my mom, Suzy, in our kitchen. We are baking Chistmas cookies. My dad is in the living room with Christmas music playing from the TV/Stereo/Radio...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award