Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,226
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Old

Home For Christmas

Posted 11-16-2012 at 07:15 PM by caninemom3

The little girl was 6 years old and just brimming over with excitement ! Christmastime had come again and it was snowing heavily. A thick sparkling blanket of snow was upon everything outside. It was Christmas Eve 1960 and Santa was going to make his annual appearance that very night.

All was in readiness. Mom was baking cookies and was nearly finished. Dad was doing "dad" things. He always tape recorded Christmas morning on the "latest" in technology tape recorder so he could enjoy hearing everyone in all their Christmas excitement later on when all the chaos was over and he could relax and just enjoy his family. He was also preparing because he was going to record a talk he planned to have with Santa that evening for his 6-year-old. Her two brothers were being very secretive about something as well as her sister and everyone was feeling Christmas in the air. She did not know it but her two brothers had saved for weeks to buy their baby sister a giant...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Animals' Christmas Prayer

Posted 03-31-2011 at 01:17 PM by caninemom3

[CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]The Animals' Christmas Prayer [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#0000ff][IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n52xbyFRPUo/TP_QvPM1l9I/AAAAAAAAA2k/15ZPbuyHI64/s320/christmas+cats+and+dogs.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=seagreen]O[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0080][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]n the night before Christmas [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#2e8b57]homeless animals prayed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]"Give us a voice Lord on this Christmas day" [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0080][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Let us speak to the world That turns a blind eye [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]...
Old

A Lesson From Santa !

Posted 02-10-2011 at 08:46 PM by caninemom3

[COLOR=seagreen][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]Late one Christmas Eve, I sank back, [/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]tired but content, into my easy chair. The kids were in bed, the gifts were wrapped, the milk and cookies waited by the fireplace for Santa. .[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]As I sat back admiring the tree with its decorations, I couldn't help feeling that something important was missing. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]It wasn't [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]long before the tiny, twinkling tree lights lulled me to sleep. I don't know how long I slept, but all of a sudden I knew that I wasn't alone. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]I opened my eyes, and you can imagine my surprise when I saw Santa Claus himself standing next to my [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]Christ[/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]mas tree. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]He was dressed all in fur from his head to his foot just as the poem described but he was not the...
Old

My Christmas With Nat King Cole

Posted 01-01-2011 at 07:22 PM by caninemom3

It has often been said that it is not good to dwell too much in the past. Since all of my fondest memories exist in the past that is where I spend a lot of my time, especially at Christmas time. Memories are a funny thing. It takes only a certain mood, a certain fragrance, a certain set of weather conditions or a certain song or piece of music to resurrect memories especially Christmas memories.

All it takes to send me to Christmas past is to hear the first few bars of The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. It doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing. Once I hear the first few notes of this beautiful song and the incomparable vocals of Nat King Cole I am immediately 7 years old again.

For me there seems to be a sort of a magic presence in this song. Once it begins I can almost see myself, 7 years old, very shy and with my mom, Suzy, in our kitchen. We are baking Chistmas cookies. My dad is in the living room with Christmas music playing from the TV/Stereo/Radio...
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award