Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,091
Threads: 53,933
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, JSpringth
Old

Home For Christmas

Posted 11-16-2012 at 07:15 PM by caninemom3

The little girl was 6 years old and just brimming over with excitement ! Christmastime had come again and it was snowing heavily. A thick sparkling blanket of snow was upon everything outside. It was Christmas Eve 1960 and Santa was going to make his annual appearance that very night.

All was in readiness. Mom was baking cookies and was nearly finished. Dad was doing "dad" things. He always tape recorded Christmas morning on the "latest" in technology tape recorder so he could enjoy hearing everyone in all their Christmas excitement later on when all the chaos was over and he could relax and just enjoy his family. He was also preparing because he was going to record a talk he planned to have with Santa that evening for his 6-year-old. Her two brothers were being very secretive about something as well as her sister and everyone was feeling Christmas in the air. She did not know it but her two brothers had saved for weeks to buy their baby sister a giant...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

You Are My Sunshine

Posted 07-14-2012 at 09:38 PM by caninemom3
Updated 07-19-2012 at 09:09 AM by caninemom3

This time of the year always brings back very vivid memories to me of when I was little back in the mid 1960s. Summers then were hot and dry and filled with dreamy days alternating between playing games like hopscotch and hide and go seek and staying outside in my bare feet until dusk when I had to go in and get my bath and get ready for bed. On Friday nights I remember my brothers and sister and I would always watch a local TV show in our area called Ghoulardi. Ghoulardi was a man whose real name was Ernie Anderson who worked at one of the Cleveland, Ohio TV stations and each week put on a fake beard, wig, hat and lab coat and played host to a really bad grade B horror movie each week. All the kids at the time just loved his show, not so much for the movies, but for the time in between when he would be on the screen. He would make really corny jokes and "blow" lots of things up with small firecrackers. He was just ultimately cool and we always looked forward to his show each...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Nani And The Christmas Ornament

Posted 11-03-2011 at 10:21 PM by caninemom3

I will never forget the Thanksgiving of 1975. It was a truly different and unforgetable Thanksgiving.

At the time, my husband David and I were living in our first home and as luck would have it that year, it was his turn to work midnights the week of Thanksgiving. Knowing that we would not be making it to our parents' homes on the day itself, we celebrated with them earlier.

When Thanksgiving Day itself arrived I was rather blue and lonely. Here it was, Thanksgiving, a day to not only be thankful, but for our family the very start of Christmas Season and while my husband rested in our upstairs bedroom, I watched the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV in a blue fog.

I was POSITIVE this was going to be the WORST Thanksgiving EVER. Until the phone rang.

It was my dear sister. Her name is Margaret but I call her Nani because of the movie, Lilo And Stitch. She too was lonely, and also had the same blue fog about her. She wondered if she...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Moments Of Panic Terror

Posted 02-24-2011 at 06:29 AM by caninemom3
Tags gift, love, sister

I don't know how well this blog is going to be done today given the fact that I have been up all night working and just finished a mere half hour ago. Yesterday something happened to me that occasionally happens and I just have to talk about it.

I had not heard from my sister in a day or so which most everyone would think is not at all odd and in reality I guess it isn't. For most people that is. Most people except me.

If I don't hear from my sister every day either by e-mail or phone a deep seated monster starts to unleash itself within me. That monster is panic/terror.

I think it probably started when I was a child but it has taken on a life of its own since I have become an "adult." And it becomes a terror in particular regarding my sister. It is isn't fair that I feel like this but there is nothing I can do to stop it.

My sister has an active life. She and her husband are both retired, both quite sharp mentally and...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Very Special Christmas Gift

Posted 10-01-2010 at 03:02 PM by caninemom3
Tags sister

Rodmonster has inspired me !! He has posted absolutely BEAUTIFUl poems that he wrote. My sister wrote this poem for me 12 years ago the year our mother passed away and I wanted to share it:

[B]MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY SISTER[/B]

When branches are bare and the sky is clear
It's near my sister's favorite time of year
When days are short, she comes alive
'Cos in her heart, she'll always be five

When Christmas carols fill the night
I see her eyes glow clear and bright
'Cos Santa Claus is on his way
Listen closely and you'll hear his sleigh

Peace on earth, good will to all
And to all creatures great and small
We celebrate that blessed night when