Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Christmas, Life, and Family

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Real or Artificial?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:49 PM
45,684 Views  0 Posts
Enlisting Your Kids in...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:27 PM
48,004 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,402 Views  0 Posts
Mistletoe Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-23-2012 03:40 PM
34,060 Views  0 Posts
The Angel or the Star?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:45 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:57 PM
50,093 Views  1 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Old

Special Post Day 1- "The Journey"

Posted 11-11-2013 at 11:34 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

This is not my style, I like to post in the "privacy" of the blogs, but our most special friend would be most proud of me doing it this way. I am anxious, but it is my time to do a little extra for MMC.

December 26, 2012 12:01 AM

It was over for most of the world, the greatest day of the year had come and gone. the wrapping paper still strewn on some floors across the country, and I am sure there were some lonely Christmas trees already on the sidewalk. I have a friend that is that way, you build up the hype and the fun just to throw it out the door as soon as Bing, Nat, and all the other crooners voices have not even finished echoing from the radio. It is not the end, but the beginning.

We may be sad at that time, but we know there are only 364 days to countdown to make the next year even better.

As we began that journey on the way Christmas 2013, the friendship here grows, we share our lives on The Countdown...
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award