Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Old

A Miraculous Day

Posted 07-27-2010 at 02:01 PM by caninemom3
Tags stepson

On Sunday, July 25, a benefit was thrown to help my stepson, DJ and his girlfriend and their newborn baby. If some of you don't know, DJ was diagnosed with stage III Hodgkin's disease a few months ago and is undergoing treatment. At this point he is unable to work. He and his girlfriend recently had a wee one who also has problems. The little precious one was born with a condition called "gastroschisis" which means that part of the intestines were born OUTSIDE her body. Immediately upon being delivered via c-section, Haley was taken to Akron Children's Hospital. She is now doing well. She may even get to come home this week.

I approached attending the benefit with some fear and trepidation. I am uncomfortable meeting people and EXTREMELY EXTREMELY self conscious all the time. I did not feel as though I had anything to contribute and I was there to honor DJ even though honestly I have never been close to either of my stepchildren. My presence I felt was a show of...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award