Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,932
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02
Old

Nani And The Christmas Ornament

Posted 11-03-2011 at 10:21 PM by caninemom3

I will never forget the Thanksgiving of 1975. It was a truly different and unforgetable Thanksgiving.

At the time, my husband David and I were living in our first home and as luck would have it that year, it was his turn to work midnights the week of Thanksgiving. Knowing that we would not be making it to our parents' homes on the day itself, we celebrated with them earlier.

When Thanksgiving Day itself arrived I was rather blue and lonely. Here it was, Thanksgiving, a day to not only be thankful, but for our family the very start of Christmas Season and while my husband rested in our upstairs bedroom, I watched the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV in a blue fog.

I was POSITIVE this was going to be the WORST Thanksgiving EVER. Until the phone rang.

It was my dear sister. Her name is Margaret but I call her Nani because of the movie, Lilo And Stitch. She too was lonely, and also had the same blue fog about her. She wondered if she...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award