Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,436
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Miracle on 34th Street...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:28 PM
51,007 Views  0 Posts
The Mythical Beginnings...
By MMC Editor
07-17-2011 12:19 PM
0 Posts
How to Fit the Tree in...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:44 PM
Last post by Christmas-A-Holic
06-27-2011 08:13 PM
44,622 Views  3 Posts
Handel's Messiah
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:18 PM
47,271 Views  0 Posts
Neiman Marcus Has Just...
By Jeff Westover
10-09-2012 04:00 PM
25,547 Views  0 Posts
Old

A Sadness Of My Profession

Posted 08-05-2010 at 12:28 PM by caninemom3

I have been a medical transcriptionist for the last 16, nearly 17 years. This means that I listen to doctors dictate about patients and whatever may be ailing them. I type many of the medical specialities that are in existence. One of the specialties I type has to do with drug and alcohol addiction. Every now and again a patient's story gets to me. It should not, I know, as I do not know any of these folks but sometimes I get overwhelmingly empathetic. Today I typed a lady who was just 42 and a heroin addict. She also was a mother. She readily admitted to the doc that she was an addict and not ready to quit. I know some folks will feel that she makes and has made her own choices. I feel that way too to an extent but I still felt incredibly sad for her and her family. I have typed many reports like this over the course of time I have been employed in transcription. Why her ?? What was it about her story that bothers me so much ? I don't know. All I could do at one point was stop typing...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award