Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,417)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Old

The Monster Inside

Posted 04-29-2011 at 12:44 PM by caninemom3

It's back. It has raised its ugly head once again. Only this is not a monster one can conquer with weapons or anything of that nature. This is a monster who lives within me, within my emotions and strikes when I am at my lowest. I am talking about my food addiction. I am a compulsive eater. Always have been. I have tried EVERYTHING including hypnosis, psychotherapy, behavior modification. EVERYTHING. You name it, I have done it.

The ONLY way I can put this monster in limbo is by staying away from all the foods I find to be trigger foods, which is almost anything but usually high fat foods, high carbohydrate foods, and the like.

Why am I like this ???? No matter what I do the monster always wins, ALWAYS. I may win a few battles but the monster always wins the war.

I try to think of other things when I get that compulsion to binge.......try to pay attention to music, books, my furchildren, take walks, take a nap (which is REALLY dangerous because...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award