Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Christmas, Life, and Family

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, PrincipalPankley
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Old

A Friend In Need...

Posted 09-16-2011 at 02:48 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)
Tags friend, life, work

As many you may know I am a worry wart, I care much for people close to me and for the people on this site if they are quiet for to long. I have some thoughts on my friend who is in his mid-thirties and seemingly has no prospects for work or love. He is a great guy, who cares for everyone, and wears his heart on his sleeve, and will do anything to help us or anyone out. He lives at home with his parents and plays video games until the sun comes up, then sleeps until noon or later. He has had jobs where he has excelled at, but never lasted at either by choice or lay off, most recently he left his job because his car won't pass inspection. His car has been abandoned in our driveway for the last 2.5 months. He has had girlfriends but he has dumped them early on and hasn't gone out dating close to 7 years now. I worry about him because there is so much to experience in life and when your life is lived through a video game, you really don't see much. I admit I use to play video games at least...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hamster On A Wheel

Posted 07-10-2011 at 06:39 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)
Tags vacation, work

As I sit here getting ready to wind down for the night, I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach, the feeling of dread of going back to work. I have worked for the same company for the last 10.5 years and its the same thing everyday, prep for the day and put out fires that are not my own because I unfortunately work with some people who do not care if they do their job or not. I don't like to complain about the others as I like everyone I work with but it just annoys me to no end where I have to do other peoples work until I need help getting caught up in my own job. I have no sense of accomplishment in my job anymore, and now that my vacation is over my thoughts turn over to my dream of running my own shop. I have years to wait yet I cannot wait until that day is here. Until then as a semi-wise man once told me: "It's a rat race, and the rats are winning."
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award