Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Writing Christmas

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,932
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02
Writing a Christmas letter, poem, short story or novel? The Writing Christmas social group is your motivational way station--a place to ask questions, trade tips and talk shop with other people putting pen to paper. Short chats, we'll have on the WC group page. Longer pieces, I'll post on the blog.
Old

Wearing St. Nick's Shoes

Posted 03-15-2011 at 12:01 AM by jimmyolsen (Writing Christmas)

In the Santa Claus & the North Pole forum, Sanity Clause posed an excellent question. On the first day of March, Sanity asked, "What is Santa up to in March?"

The question drew several solid answers in the first few days.

But we all know the world has changed since then. That made me wonder, how does the man who embodies the spirit of Christmas deal with overwhelming sorrow?

Not so differently from us, I suspect.

I think it's when we're touched by love or joy or grief for our fellow man that we're most like Christ. And it is, after all, the love of Christ that St. Nick delivers to his fellow man.

As I said in the forum, I'm sure St. Nick has a well worn itinerary for March, and I'm sure that, this year, it doesn't apply.

I suspect he's strolling through the greenhouses, tending the trees, mulling over Christmases past, present and future, wondering about the nature of things.

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Writing Christmas -- Kelly Ann's Christmas Story Serial

Posted 10-13-2010 at 12:57 PM by jimmyolsen (Writing Christmas)

Kelly Ann is doing something very cool with her mmc blog. She's writing fiction. In particular, she's writing a piece in tune with the Christmas season.

Like every writer I've ever met, Kelly Ann has hit a snag in the plot of her story, and she's wondering what comes next.

She's set the scene. We have a family, they're a bit pensive, there's a threat of snow, and now they're in the car.

Already she's made some great choices.

First, she's chosen to tell her story through the eyes of a child. At Danny's age, the world is still a strange and magical place. But we see he's on the cusp of losing that sense of wonder. He's more into his DS than the family Christmas outing.

Important point, that. Why? Because it shows us her POV (point of view) character is at a crossroads. He's about to choose a path that will have a lot to say about the person he becomes.

Second, she's dropped him in a car.

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award