Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Entries for October 2012

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 53,987
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, K1081
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Old

The Heart of the Christmas Fan

Posted 10-17-2012 at 10:22 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

Some times this job is just too sweet.

I love this time of year because it is when the Christmas fanatic comes out of the woodwork. And I usually learn a lot more about Christmas when they do.

Don't get me wrong: there are year round Christmas crazies out there. Christmas never really goes away for those of us who love it so much. But sometimes people are afraid to show it because there is a loud and opinionated minority out there that mocks someone who walks a block out of their way to see a lighted Christmas tree.

But there's something about October. The fans come out and begin to share those things that makes Christmas work for them. And there are so many specialties out there.

Take, for example, the story of Lou, shared over at our new site at ShowUsYourChristmas.com. His love of Christmas drove him to festively decorate a 50-foot trailer in lights and decor and hit the road in the dead of winter dressed as Santa to bring a little...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award