Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Entries for December 2012

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:42 PM
49,709 Views  0 Posts
“Happy Christmas Time”...
By MerryCarey
05-15-2012 02:56 PM
28,381 Views  0 Posts
Just Like Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:34 PM
0 Posts
The Legend of The Boar
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:58 PM
53,592 Views  0 Posts
Santa Doesn't Always...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:21 PM
48,898 Views  0 Posts
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Old

Channeling George Bailey

Posted 12-28-2012 at 05:15 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

We are slow to give up Christmas in my house. I've never much understood those folks who kick their Christmas tree to the curb on Christmas night (well, unless it is a fire hazard). So we saw nothing wrong with watching It's a Wonderful Life last night, two days after Christmas.

The week of Christmas is always a week I enjoy. Maybe it is because the pressure is off and I can actually enjoy the spontaneous bit of Christmas I missed earlier in the month. But it is also a time of reflection and planning ahead. Many people consider that a New Year's activity. But for me and what I do, it is definitely part of my Christmas routine. My whole year's to-do list for MMC begins with the big ideas of this week, while the experience of the season is still fresh in my mind.

But this year there was a bit of melancholy to my routine. We did not have our best season here at MMC. There are a lot of reasons for that and if I had to assess "blame" it would be on my personal family...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

Babies

Posted 12-16-2012 at 03:50 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

These have been thought provoking days. Since hearing the news of the shootings in Connecticut I have been so very unsettled and troubled in spirit. How can you not be?

We knew this would be a big Christmas weekend for us. We spent the day on Friday with my Mother, who has been in poor health for some time. Mom just wanted a little Christmas spirit in her home and wanted the air filled with the aroma of baking. So we set aside the afternoon to sit with her, me with the old photo albums while my wife set out to bake cranberry/orange bread and chocolate crinkle cookies.

My daughter Maggie turns 15 this weekend as well and it was her desire to spend the night with her big sister, who still lives in Salt Lake City. So we took her down there on our way to see my Mother.

We met up with these two precious daughters later tonight to enjoy one of the great traditions of Christmas we have loved since moving here...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award