Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Entries for December 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,977
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, TAlbritto
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Old

A Gift of Mom and Tender Mercies

Posted 12-22-2013 at 09:12 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)
Updated 12-22-2013 at 09:36 PM by Jeff Westover

My Christmas happened today.

We had in my home today an event not understood much outside of my faith. But it is a big deal for parents and I've been working for months to have my parents here for it.

As you are well aware we have been through a difficult time these past several months with my mother's declining health.

So to have her here today for this event, in my home and amongst my children, smiling and laughing, relishing her role as mother and grandmother, doing something a Mom in the Mormon faith does and deserves -- well, it was a thrill beyond words and Christmas to me like none other this year.

It is, frankly, a miracle.

Mom's health situation is as fluid as ever and what was true before is true now: it is literally day to day.

I knew back in August we were going to do this and I had to put off folks from my Church several times because either my parents could not make it or I could not make...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award