Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Entries for March 22, 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Old

Saying Goodbye to Sam

Posted 03-22-2013 at 10:44 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)
Updated 03-22-2013 at 10:47 AM by Jeff Westover

For the past two weeks we have endured health difficulties for the first time with our dog Sam.

Sam is 11 years old and came into our family after months of pleading by my then ten year old daughter, Abby. She once wrote about the Christmas Sam came into our lives that I added her reflections here on MMC.

Abby will be 21 this year. And she and Sam are still close. In fact, Sam has remained a critical part of all our lives for these many years, a steady and loving influence.

When we moved to the country this past summer Sam took to it like a fish to water. He is a short haired border collie and he is as active as advertised. In fact, when we took him in to the country vet's office the good doctor was surprised at Sam's vitality, strength and youthful demeanor.

So when Sam took ill a couple of weeks ago we grew immediately concerned. His symptoms began shortly after he got...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award