Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Entries for March 23, 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,085
Threads: 53,910
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, williamjohn
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Old

A Miracle -- Sam Lives!

Posted 03-23-2013 at 09:03 AM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

Yesterday I shared what we've been through with our dog Sam. It has been a trial.

The arrangements were made for the vet to come to the house this morning to put him down. We had to wait until this morning because the vet couldn't make it until the kids all got here yesterday afternoon.

So we had one last night with Sam. We took heart during the day yesterday when he finally accepted a little chicken -- and he didn't throw it up. As the day went on he perked up quite a bit, not to the point where he was fully himself but he relished all the attention, seemed for recognize us all as we came into the room, and responded to our efforts to take him outside to do his business.

We were up late in the night but not because he was ill. We all just sat up and talked, laughing about the moments we've individually had with Sam and collectively remembering his goodness and kindness. Finally, at about 3am, we thought he would need some sleep and I sent everyone...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award