Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Entries for April 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,247
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, PrincipalPankley
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Old

A Wonderful Life

Posted 04-07-2013 at 10:33 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

I continue to have many conversations with folks about Caninemom3. It never ceases to amaze me, this power of community here.

I have some concerns though. As I observed earlier there are different ways we all deal with death. I recognize we can't see it all the same.

I also recognize that there is no real way to "make it better".

Through other sad experiences I've learned that mourning is a process and we need to go through it, awful as it is.

There are those who are telling me that some feel now a need to take a break from MMC in light of these recent events.

I understand if you feel this way.

But please reconsider your actions.

One of the things that has been suggested to me by many is that we'll never be able to replace Louann.

Well...of course not. Why should we even think of such a thing?

I can't help but pondering on Clarence's words to George in It's a Wonderful...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums
Old

Lessons from Louann

Posted 04-06-2013 at 10:45 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

I don't think we've had a bigger shock on MMC than when we heard today of the sudden passing of Louann Jeffries, aka caninemom3.

While death means different things to different people it pains me to see so many taking the loss of Louann so deeply.

How could you not?

As I think of my journey with Louann I smile, I cry, and I laugh. She had that way about her.

She was a child. She was a tender heart. She was genuine to the core.

I was looking tonight through my private messages and emails from Louann over the years. It has again taught me how far reaching these relationships are online.

So rarely do we ever meet. Never, it seems, do we get to hear the voice or see the face or experience the smile of each other.

Louann had a way of making you forget all that. You could hear her voice or feel her smile through her constant messaging and reaching out. She never turned it off.

I think...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award