Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Entries for June 1, 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,231
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Old

Great Women

Posted 06-01-2013 at 10:53 PM by Jeff Westover (A Merry Blog)

As spoken of in the most recent podcast these past two months have been a time of great discovery for me concerning my family history.

It has come about due to a summer activity for my teenage daughters called "trek". Trek is the reenactment of the pioneer trail.

Every July 24th there is a state holiday in Utah called Pioneer Day. It celebrates the pioneers of 1847 who first came to settle these valleys. Many of my ancestors on my father's side were amongst them.

I had no idea, honestly, of how many of them there were.

Family History is a big deal to those of the Mormon faith and though I never really thought or heard much of my father's family while growing up it wasn't because they weren't important. It was that their "work" -- or historical information -- was pretty much done generations before I was born. I spent much of my youth and my young adult years discovering my mother's side of the family (none of whom were Mormon). ...
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award