Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > kgstyles » Uncategorized

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,093
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,013)
Welcome to our newest member, OBalog
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Almost Home and Almost Christmas

Posted 10-11-2010 at 08:14 AM by kgstyles

As some of you know, I have been in Afghanistan for the whole entire year. What a year it has been. I started my deployment in Camp Atterbury, Indiana back in early November 2009 and will finally be leaving here in less than 2 weeks. This has been the longest deployment I have ever been on and by far the most challenging, both mentally and physically (I've been to Iraq twice). From target practice for 6 hours in -15 degree weather holding a metal weapon and you can't feel your fingers enough to pull the trigger and you keep missing because of that fact but you have to keep at it until you hit all the targets, to baking in 120 heat pulling security in a mud hut village for 3 hours with 120 extra pounds of gear on to staying up for 24+ hours at a time due to attacks on the base and needing to man the machine gun bunkers and continue to do everyday normal duty, were the physical challenges. Not seeing my 4 kids since October 2009, missing all of their birthdays this year, losing 2 awesome...
Christmasologist
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Thinking of the Holidays

Posted 07-01-2010 at 03:56 AM by kgstyles

This is the first blog I've ever done so here it goes. lol I'm 27 years old, born and raised in Chicago and I am married and I have 4 kids. I'm in the Air Force and am currently deployed to Afghanistan where I have been since January and will be until sometime in October. I LOVE Christmas!!!! It's my favorite holiday. I remember when I first joined MMC. It was November of 2006 and I was stationed in Las Vegas at the time and had been there for a few years and it doesn't snow there or anything and not too many people put up decorations and I was hating it cause like I said I love Christmas and it just didn't seem like it was even the season but it was. So I hopped online to find something to put me in the Christmas mood and I found MMC which is an awesome site and did the trick!!!! I don't post that much but I love reading all the posts by everybody else; it's interesting and I kinda feel like you guys are my home away from home cause I always think of Christmas and so do you all. lol I've...
Christmasologist
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award