Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > kidzrme » Uncategorized

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,970
Threads: 53,427
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, chatterswalliam
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Snow or No Snow?
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 08:18 AM
Last post by trackrebel
07-18-2013 04:46 PM
53,885 Views  4 Posts
22 16x16 Great Debates: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
10-28-2011 08:41 AM
55,312 Views  0 Posts
"A Dear Little Schemer"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 08:28 AM
55,930 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Saying No to Black Friday
By MMC Editor
10-19-2011 07:05 AM
Last post by sprinkleshouse
07-28-2013 02:25 PM
52,884 Views  5 Posts
The True Story of Silent...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:58 PM
54,870 Views  0 Posts
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

memories

Posted 10-07-2010 at 11:30 PM by kidzrme

I have to say that I am a very blessed person. My parents always put us children first, in every situation. My father went to work everyday, and mom stayed home with us, and took in other peoples children, to help pay the bills. The holidays were HUGE in my family. Christmas was not all about the presents. We were taught about the meaning of Christmas, and to this day, we sing Happy Birthday to Jesus before any presents can be opened. We were told that Santa brings one present to each child, and we were very happy to receive that present. I remember waking up Christmas morning (on more than one occasion) to find someone that I did not know, sitting by the tree. Mom and Dad always took in someone who did not have family, or did not have anywhere to go for the holiday. They would even make sure that there was a stocking and presents under the tree for that person. And it was not just Christmas, it was year round, someone to dinner, or staying in the spare bedroom til they got on their feet....
Christmasologist
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award