Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Seasonal Celebrations » Ginger's Musings

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,463
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Playing Head Games with...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:20 PM
74,605 Views  0 Posts
Jimmy Stewart Remembers...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:53 PM
Last post by Carrie63
08-15-2013 04:23 PM
147,145 Views  8 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,119 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Getting...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:36 PM
43,614 Views  0 Posts
Saving More By Christmas...
By MMC Editor
09-08-2011 11:50 PM
74,922 Views  0 Posts
Musings Through the Year with Gingerbug
Ginger's Musings
Old

Christmas Shop At Silver Dollar City

Posted 06-21-2008 at 06:29 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Just wanted all to know...I'll be absent for about a week as we are leaving tomorrow (Sunday)....not for the ocean....BIG SIGH.....I LOVE the ocean...but for a short trip to Bennett Springs/Lebanon, Missouri....for yes of all things TROUT fishing...yes that is what I said fishing....good grief....doesn't even come close to my beloved ocean!!! But it is what it is...my brother in law has a camper there...yes...air conditioning, bathroom etc...none of this "roughing it" for me...so the stay is FREE...which the gas to get there alone is a real killer!! BUT all is not lost....because there is shopping at the Lake, a wonderful water park...where I can pretend I am at the ocean when I sit in the wave pool, a trip to Bass Pro (now you know that one's on my top ten)....a great night out...at a wonderful local restaraunt called Lamberts....where they throw fresh rolls at you (yes it must be a hill billy custom) AND then of course my favorite...a trip to Silver Dollar City and then nestled...
Old

Rudolph Day Plans

Posted 06-20-2008 at 07:06 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Many of us over at Magical Holiday Home have set up personal blogs to write about Rudolph Day and our personal goals and plans for accomplishing Christmas prep stuff all year long. One of the members Cathy issued a challenge to put together a list for the remainder of the year so we KNEW ahead of time what we wanted to do rather than flying byt the seat of our pants....ummmm...novel idea! So I thought I would share with you here the list that I created, It started in May and I am leaving those in place here also so you can get and idea of the scope of the plan.

May:
  • Finalize baking plans
  • Update Christmas Recipe Notebook
  • Finalize menu plans for all events
  • Buy 4 gifts
June:
  • Create master shopping list for each event
  • Create master shopping list for baking
  • Stocking Stuffers (shop shop shop) Finish!!!
  • Buy 4 gifts
  • Make a decor plan for each room sort/label boxes
July:
  • Christmas in July Crafty gifts (4)
  • Make Christmas cards (40)
  • Buy 4 gifts
  • Update
Old

The Magic of Friendship

Posted 06-14-2008 at 09:22 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Here is one of the Twelve Magic Elf Celebrations....Number 1...the Magic of Friendship

One of the most rewarding aspects of life is friendship. Magic Elves present many avenues for enriching and celebrating friendships. So lets start out our holiday season focusing on friendship. What ways can we use the Magic Elf concept to deepen our relationships with friends? How can we find time to enjoy being with others, get a few things accomplished, and create memories that will stay with us forever?

Elf Friendship Tea: Consider hosting an Elf Friendship Tea. There are several recipes out there for Friendship tea or serve different flavored teas. A lot of Christmas-y ones are available. Make this an early holiday tradition starting late November or the first of December. Relaxing with friends and enjoying tea, sconces, and other delicacies. And don’t forget to rename one or all of the teas with an “elf name”. Create invitations from the Elves and mail them or hand deliver...
Old

Sleepless in Missouri

Posted 06-06-2008 at 08:54 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Last night for lots of reasons I found myself wide awake at 3:00 am...after tossing around a bit I decided to get up and play online...why not...sleep was alluding me anyway.
So I traveled through the Christmas sites...giving my mind a break from the daily grinds, disappointments, and worries we encounter on life's journey. Noticed a few other late night travelers too and it was a comfort to know that others find peace too in the beauty of the Christmas boards...be it Merry Forums, Magical Holiday Home, Christmas Talk, and so on...there's always a little something to boost the spirit.
Old

Twelve Magic Elf Celebrations

Posted 06-02-2008 at 08:26 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

A little over a year ago I started writing Twelve Magic Elf Celebrations...so far I've finished six...so I have six more to go. The ideas are all there just time to actually put them into words. I thought I would share with you the introduction and my thoughts about the Magic Elf tradition:

I have been pondering a bit lately about the popularity of the whole Magic Elves concept and I rather think that Magic Elves touch us on lots of different levels. They give us a chance to be kids again and they are a bit whimsical. But I really think it is a bit more than that. I think the Magic Elves reflect our heartfelt desires to be the people we truly were meant to be.

People that take time out from “business as usual” to enter an enchanted make believe world. Perhaps a world that in some ways is more representative of who we want to be rather than who we are right now. A world where a bit of mischief makes us smile rather than cringe, where we set examples for others...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award