Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Seasonal Celebrations

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,013
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy
Musings Through the Year with Gingerbug
Old

May is Graduation

Posted 05-12-2008 at 05:38 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

May is Graduation at our house. Kelsey is graduating from high school this coming Sunday so things are a bit hectic and crazy around our house. Lots to do, see, places to be, and clothes to have ready...lol.
We are working on a "theme" for our graduation party...which will not actually be until June 8th because of Project Graduation, Memorial Day, and tons of other graduation parties. I, of course, suggested a "Story Book" graduation with childrens' books ending with "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss but my older daughter "rolled her eyes" so I am assuming that is a no go. Time's a ticking and I'm getting a tad nervous...
Old

Summer Sensations

Posted 05-10-2008 at 08:17 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

It's May...so for those of you with young children...school will be getting out for summer break within the next few weeks. Recently I have started working on some ideas for Summer Sensations kits. These are little put together kits that can be stored on the shelf or in a closet and pulled out when the "I'm Bored" strikes...which when my kids were young was about day four of summer break. I'm thinking about four different types of kits.
  • Prop Kits (for pretend play)
  • Crafty Kits
  • Exploration Kits
  • Experience Kits
Right now I am working on a prop kit that has a pirates theme. You can use a copier paper box...which works perfectly for storing the pirate gear. A Hat, handerchief with skulls and crossbones, sword, gold coins, treasure map, treasure chest, eye patch, etc.

I am also putting together an exploration kit called Bugs Galore which includes things like:
  • Bug jar (You can make your own from a plastic mayo jar or Walmart has some cheap ones)
  • Magifying
Old

Mother's Day

Posted 05-09-2008 at 03:47 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

It's Mother's Day weekend and I'd like to take a moment to write this entry as a tribute to my own mother who has been gone for 17 years now. Mom, known by her friends as Annie past away a month before my youngest daughter turned one. That has always bothered me a bit because my older two still have pretty clear, fond memories of the type of person she was but Kelsey does not...that is one of the reasons she so enjoys the gatherings we have, especially with my niece, Christy who is a wonderful story teller and can so capture the fun of being with "Grandma Annie". My mother had a fabulous sense of humor and loved to play. My oldest son still talks about Haggle Foot, the witch who would chase them around the house and try to capture them but somehow they always managed to get to the bed which was safe before Haggle Foot caught up with them. And then Katie still remembers playing dolls with her grandmother and the make believe pirate ships, dinosaurs, and trips to catch penguins....
Old

Introduction

Posted 05-08-2008 at 08:50 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Well, the last thing in the world I need is another blog...so what am I doing starting one here? Well I never met a blog I didn't like. Whether reading or writing one they all have their own unique personalities. As varied as the people I meet in my life, as colorful as the flowers in spring, and as wonderfully detailed as a tapestry woven with the finest thread.

Blog entries are like an invitation into the hearts and souls of the authors. A glimpse at worlds unknown before, a treasure trove of memories and stories.... personal portraits painted with words.

And so here I am blogging....AGAIN!!! LOL

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award