Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Seasonal Celebrations

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,461
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Make Craft...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:04 PM
44,125 Views  0 Posts
santahat The True Story of Santa...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:59 PM
0 Posts
Jimmy Stewart Remembers...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:53 PM
Last post by Carrie63
08-15-2013 04:23 PM
147,142 Views  8 Posts
Gift 4 Ideas for Frugal Gift...
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
73,254 Views  0 Posts
Gift 4 Re-Gifting: Yes or No?
By MMC Editor
01-25-2013 09:05 AM
Last post by Bradmac
04-14-2013 05:01 PM
43,650 Views  2 Posts
Musings Through the Year with Gingerbug
Old

Christmas in July Day 17

Posted 07-17-2008 at 08:07 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Hello again...we really have to stop meeting like this....LOL

Christmas in July on HSN yesterday was a bit of a disappointment. Most items were not things I would need or want...for self or gifts. And the few things I thought were cool...like the Boyds Bear Wall Hanging...were a tad on the expensive side...or okay...maybe I'm cheap. LOL

Other NEWS on the CIJ Front:

I've written so many blog entries this month I forget if I've shown you this one yet...LOL...so forgive me if it is a repeat.

Over at The Warmth of a Stable blog...are the cutest little Countdown clipboards...I know.. I know you say you are not crafty and can't do anything like these....PLEASE...if I can make them...anyone can make them...I have made lots of altered clipboards and they all turn out great...you just cut and glue...easy peasy! Jackfrosty took it one step further and made the little matching tins...I am assuming to hold the number cards....too cute!
Old

Christmas in July Day 16

Posted 07-16-2008 at 07:30 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Christmas is more than a day....it's a season...Last year between Christmas and New Year's I hosted a number of things. One was a Winter Craft Sleepover for my nieces. We watched Christmas movies, ate snacks, made winter journals and a couple other crafts....ordered pizza and just had a bit of fun. No Christmas "let down" around our house!!! Making the season special for others is a big part of the fun for me!

So this year...I'll start with a Friendship Gratitude Brunch in November and end with a Winter Craft Sleepover...with a bunch of things in between. If you do not entertain a lot...I would highly suggest it...it's such a fun way to get into the holiday spirit and to do special little things for family and friends. Don't worry about the house being big enough...or your decor being perfect...or having everything just "so-so"....if you wait for that...you'll NEVER entertain.

The people I invite are ones that are close enough and generous...
Old

Christmas in July: Day 15

Posted 07-15-2008 at 07:57 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Christmas in July is basically half over...tell me it isn't so. We are having too much FUN!

Let me give you a few excerpts from our Stocking Stuffer thread:

Teachermomof2 says.....

I've been picking up stocking stuffers here and there for a few months. I bought a plastic shoe box for each person and am putting the items in there so I can see what I have (or don't have! ) for everyone. Our dd (3yo) is into the princesses, so I've picked up quite a few princess things for her. I tend to lean toward dollar or two gifts. Clearances are great places to pick up neat items, dollar tree, dollar general and big lots too. Avon has great lotions, glosses and bath items too for reasonable prices. I also add a toothbrush, crayons, pencils, erasers, markers, chocolates, and some kind of playing cards too.

Sunshine says.....

For my teen age dd's and daughter in laws stockings:
fuzzy socks
make up
body wash
Old

Christmas in July Day 14

Posted 07-14-2008 at 06:41 AM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

It's Day 14 and today's focus is GIFTS...wow that can be a big chore at Christmas. That's why the members at MHH and myself...try to work on our gift closet all year long.

The gift closet doesn't have to be an actual closet...it can be a drawer, a cabinet, a storage tote or any number of places...just an organized location for tucking away gifts as they are purchased through out the year!

So today we are hosting a virtual project over at MHH and it is to clean and organize the gift closet. Label gifts, add to your lists, pull all those gifts that have already been purchased together in some logical way so we know what else we need and do not end up over buying! That's what I'll be doing forn 8-12 CENTRAL TIME today...Today is Part One with Part Two scheduled for Wednesday from 4-8 pm CENTRAL TIME

So....after today hopefully chaos will become order in the gift closet!!!
Old

Christmas in July Day 13

Posted 07-13-2008 at 05:17 PM by Gingerbug (Seasonal Celebrations)

Thought I'd highlight some things from the Rudolph Day blogs today.

Cathy's Pumpkins and Reindeer blog is awesome. You really have to check out the cute carriers/gift boxes she created from some scrap paper and some Sonic drink carriers. You can see them: HERE

A Quilter's Christmas has up the cutest little wall hanger decoration that she put together....it's adorable.

Over at Christmas Whimsy there are some good tips for putting together a cookie exchange...you can read them: HERE

And you can find a good list of ideas for Christmas in July or to do on Rudolph Days over at Hey Rudolph.

There are tons of craft ideas, recipes, and things to make you think on the Rudolph Day blogs...enjoy!!!

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award