Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > bigbearfla58 » Uncategorized

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Thanksgiving Preparations 2014

Posted 09-08-2013 at 05:58 AM by bigbearfla58
Updated 02-22-2014 at 02:21 PM by bigbearfla58 (Updates for Thanksgiving 2014)

This was posted Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:58 a.m. EDT

I just wanted to take out time today to wish every one a very Happy Thanksgiving and holiday season yet to come. I also want to know how Labor Day has come and gone so fast.

This weekend I begin my Thanksgiving preparations I am going though the pantry and checking for the following items:

Salt & Pepper
Poultry Seasoning

Wax Paper
Parchment Paper
Aluminum Foil
Saran Wrap
Corn Oil
Olive Oil
Vegetable Oil
Peanut Oil

I will come back each week and update my blog so you can start right now and have a stress free Thanksgiving.

I have had friends and relatives staying with me the past three weeks. The last one went home yesterday. I made a big pot of coffee to go with my Grandma's coffee cake and taking it easy today and reading the Sunday newspaper.
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Happy 4th of July 2013

Posted 07-04-2013 at 07:15 AM by bigbearfla58
Updated 08-09-2013 at 03:22 PM by bigbearfla58 (Ice Cream for Summer 2013)

I just wanted to take out time today to wish everyone a very Happy 4th of July.

Today in honor of my Great Grandmother's 148th birthday I am once again making her vanilla boiled custard ice cream from scratch that is always churned by hand.

I told my family I was going to post the recipe and promptly was vetoed. They will not allow me to share this treasured family secret. I will have to put the recipe back into the vault until next year at this time.

I have decided I am going to share the recipe just not the tips and techniques to make perfect ice cream you'll have to figure that out.

1-Quart of Great Value Whole Milk
1- cup of Organic Valley heavy whipping cream
4 Jumbo Eggs at room temperature
5 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt add this to milk mixture
Morton's Ice Cream Salt –1 box

Good luck!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Thanksgiving Extras for 2014

Posted 03-19-2013 at 04:19 PM by bigbearfla58
Updated 02-22-2014 at 02:41 PM by bigbearfla58 (Updates for Thanksgiving 2014)

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 time is 6:22 p.m. note to self: add in notes for how to make the perfect pie crust and pie crust and pie baking tips.

Add in recipe for raisin bread in a can. This is a great gift to give any time of the year.

Happy Easter 2014
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Turkey Roasting Tips 2013

Posted 10-08-2012 at 10:51 AM by bigbearfla58
Updated 06-10-2013 at 06:20 PM by bigbearfla58 (New Tips for 2013 Happy Thanksgiving burp!)

Monday, Octobear 08, 2012 Happy Columbus Day. I have no way of knowing if you are a kitchen hero or a negative integer kitchen zero so I'm going to sick with what I call turkey 101.

Turkey Roasting 101

If this is your 1st Thanksgiving or you got married this year congratulations. Fair warning do not let your new mother-in-law volunteer you to make the entire Thanksgiving dinner this year. If this happens simply say "Since I am in charge of the Thanksgiving feast this year I'll make tuna helper and order out for pepperoni pizza with extra anchovies" After she wakes up from having fainted ask if she will let you follow her around the kitchen and learn all of your Thanksgiving recipes and secrets.

Please click this link for the butterball web site for proper thawing and roasting instructions.

Never put hot stuffing into a cold turkey that causes bacteria to grow and you absolutely want to avoid that. The golden rule of stuffing...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

2013 Thanksgiving Preparations

Posted 09-24-2012 at 01:30 PM by bigbearfla58

Monday, Septembear 24, 2012 It rained Saturday and Sunday so I decided to invite friends over for pumpkin crisp. I made this two years ago and it's been a big hit ever since.

Pumpkin Crisp Part One
Pumpkin Crisp Part Two

I use the base in part one and use the Barefoot Contessa's crumble topping makes a great crisp to serve family and friends for Thanksgiving dessert.
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award