Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » bigbearfla58

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,010
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, jkbb0414
Old

2013 Thanksgiving Preparations

Posted 08-25-2012 at 03:01 PM by bigbearfla58
Updated 06-29-2013 at 01:35 PM by bigbearfla58 (Updates for Thanksgiving 2013)

Saturday, August 25, 2012 4:38 a.m. Today I'm going through my cabinets with my list to make sure I have salt, pepper,cooking oils and fresh spices for my holiday cooking and baking.

Today I start accumulating week by week what I will need for another great Thanksgiving dinner
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

2013 Thanksgiving Preparations

Posted 08-07-2012 at 07:37 AM by bigbearfla58
Updated 03-19-2013 at 04:13 PM by bigbearfla58 (Updates for Thanksgiving 2013)

Sunday Septembear 2, 2012 reading the morning paper have a big cup of coffee going over my menu and grocery lists yawn.

Sunday, August 13, 2012 7:58 a.m. had a big thunderstorm Saturday at 3:30 p.m. had to shut down the computer fast before the lightening hit. Found two more great oranges over the weekend zested them put the zest the freezer. Doing some preliminary Thanksgiving planning today checking the pantry for salt, pepper and checked dates on baking powder, baking soda, corn starch, olive oil, corn oil and vegetable oil. I have aluminum foil and parchment paper for cookies.

Tuesday, August 08, 2012 6:58 a.m. This year is flying past me at trans-warp speeds that the Enterprise can only dream of achieving. Already this year had the French Open, Wimbledon, 4th of July, Mama's Birthday and now the Olympics have all come and gone so fast I might as well be dreaming. I do have Labor Day, my birthday and Fall to look forward...
Old

Thanksgiving Essentials

Posted 09-02-2011 at 11:41 AM by bigbearfla58
Updated 02-05-2013 at 05:49 AM by bigbearfla58 (Roadmap for Thanksgiving 2013)

Saturday, Octobear 20, 2012 8:22 a.m. Thanksgiving is only 32 days from today I hope your Thanksgiving preparations are underway. Getting the very first cold front here in FL going to be 62 degrees tomorrow morning. I'm having friends over tomorrow for test batch of corn bread and breakfast. Also have my foodie friends coming over Sunday, Novembear 11, 2012 for my annual side dish supper.

Friday, September 2, 2011 2:08 p.m. Every year at this time I sit down and start to make my Thanksgiving preparations. I begin by re-seasoning my cast iron skillet. I'm checking to see what I do or don't have in my kitchen cabinets. I have two lists I make one for the ice box and one for the pantry.

Here are my lists of Thanksgiving Essentials to help you prepare for Thanksgiving Day.

Pantry Items:

Baking Soda (check date on box)
Baking Powder (check date on box)
Corn Starch (check date on box)...
Old

Valentine's Day Tradition

Posted 02-21-2009 at 02:08 PM by bigbearfla58

Shortly after my break-up three years ago several of my friends also had bitter break-ups that year, 2006 was not a good year for relationships let me tell you. We started talking to each other and decided to form our own support group. We also pledged to take time to morn and grieve the loss of our relationships and to take from six months to a year away from the dating scene to allow all of our hearts to heal. At that time we were in pretty bad shape so we met twice a week for coffee, donuts and lots of conversation.
It was coming up on Valentine’s Day and I made up my mind that we were going to have a great Valentine’s Day without our ex’s. I called my friends and invited them all over for supper on Valentine’s Day. I made Malaysian chicken curry that first year and we all exchanged Valentine’s Day cards. The dinner was so successful that we’ve done it ever since and now we have a pot luck dinner every month. We also made a pact that when one or all four of us find new...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award