Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > christmascreations » Uncategorized

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,092
Threads: 53,937
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, Sandy Horton
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Putting my self on Probation.......

Posted 08-16-2008 at 02:56 PM by christmascreations

I christmascreations have found myself guilty of heavy procrastination in the decluttering of my home and neglect of my physical and emotional happiness.

The time has been long overdue for me to cleanup and organize my bedroom. Having 2 beds, 2 dressers, and items for me and my 3 boys in there has cluttered up the space drastically. The clutterbug has bit me and I need to fight back!!!!

With a very hectic work schedule and being a single mom, the time to do that is very limited!!! I have alot of housework to catch up on as soon as the boys go back to school. Every time I go to work it seems my boys get away with a lot (since my dad watches them) and the house is in COMPLETE chaos!!!

I have broken the cleaning rule of focussing on one room at a time but when I feel overwhelmed in one room I move to another room to keep me going and hit the internet when I need a break also.

So with all that said, starting next week I will be putting...
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

DIBS Recipe Number Two

Posted 07-12-2008 at 01:54 PM by christmascreations

Just a recap below you will find the explanation of DIBS and my recipe for Banana Bread which is the biggest DIBS item in my house.

Snack size bag filled with 1 cup sugar
Quart size bag filled with 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp baking soda

The next recipe selected for my DIBS is my Grandmother's recipe for Dream Cookies also known by others as Thumbprint Cookies.

DREAM COOKIES

PreHeat oven to 300 degrees

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. shortening
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
favorite jelly or hersey kisses

DIBS setup
snack size bag- 1 c. sugar
quart size bag- 2 c. flour and 1 tsp baking powder

Cream together shortening and sugar then add vanilla extract. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients (premixed in the quart size DIBS bag) until mixed through. Roll into small dough balls, place on an ungreased cookie...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

"PRE"paring for DIBS....

Posted 07-12-2008 at 01:53 PM by christmascreations

DIBS is "Dry Ingredient Bags Setup". These are the dry ingredients of your favorite recipes premeasured and stored in ziploc bags.

This storage method enables you to prepare many recipes months in advance. It does not take long to do and yet will save you precious time during the MOST HECTIC time of the year. I will be using my BANANA BREAD recipe as an example throughout each step.

BANANA BREAD---Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla or banana extract
3 or 4 large, very ripe bananas
pinch of cinnamon (optional)

Cream the butter and sugar; add the egg. slowly add the dry ingredients (DIBS). mash the 3 or 4 ripe bananas with a fork in a bowl. Add the extract of choice and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon. Slowly add the banana mix to the batter and mix...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award