Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Seawaters » Entries for February 2013

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,448
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,132)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat A Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-26-2011 10:14 AM
81,827 Views  0 Posts
Sissel and the Mormon...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:48 PM
50,249 Views  0 Posts
What exactly is an elf?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:47 PM
56,383 Views  0 Posts
The Tale of La Befana
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:52 PM
60,871 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2005
By MMC Editor
06-11-2005 11:02 PM
39,278 Views  0 Posts
Old

A Mother's Heart

Posted 02-26-2013 at 02:57 PM by Seawaters

I have shared this on MMC before, but I thought I would make it a part of my new "blog life."

A Mother’s Heart

Right now I am listening to merrychristmasradio.com which plays Christmas music all year long. I joined Live 365 so I could celebrate Christmas all the time, not just at Christmas. This was very special to me when I found it. You see, my son was diagnosed with leukemia on December 23, 2007; so my listening to Christmas music was curtailed somewhat. He had his bone marrow transplant in June, and I am living on a long in-drawn breath. In the meantime, I realize that there are few guarantees of happiness in life. Some would argue that there are NO guarantees at all. I say, "What about..." a jump into a pile of fall leaves, crisp October air, lengthening shadows on a late fall afternoon, a brilliant autumn in New England, soft autumn breeze, rain-washed sidewalks, children playing in the twilight, clapboard farmhouses, a starlit...
Leader of the Heavenly Host
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Kids and Writing

Posted 02-25-2013 at 11:24 AM by Seawaters

On the Countdown Forum and in some PMs, some of us have been discussing writing, or the fear thereof. If we adults have a fear of writing, can you imagine what little tykes feel? Since I was a third grade teacher, I thought I would share what I wrote in the process of obtaining my master’s degree. Maybe those of you who have a writing phobia may be helped in some small way. The way I discuss writing here is EXACTLY what I do—I use a writer’s notebook and I use magazines and other writings to glean ideas and word choices. Thanks for reading!
I remember sitting in school on several occasions when the teacher would announce an assignment of “a theme,” much in the same way as the teacher in A Christmas Story. I was a lot like Ralphie, the main character. Even though I loved writing, I hated the dreaded theme assignment in which the teacher chose what we were to write about. Unlike Ralphie, though, I did not consider using the theme to inform
Leader of the Heavenly Host
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award