Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Seawaters » Entries for February 25, 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Old

Kids and Writing

Posted 02-25-2013 at 11:24 AM by Seawaters

On the Countdown Forum and in some PMs, some of us have been discussing writing, or the fear thereof. If we adults have a fear of writing, can you imagine what little tykes feel? Since I was a third grade teacher, I thought I would share what I wrote in the process of obtaining my master’s degree. Maybe those of you who have a writing phobia may be helped in some small way. The way I discuss writing here is EXACTLY what I do—I use a writer’s notebook and I use magazines and other writings to glean ideas and word choices. Thanks for reading!
I remember sitting in school on several occasions when the teacher would announce an assignment of “a theme,” much in the same way as the teacher in A Christmas Story. I was a lot like Ralphie, the main character. Even though I loved writing, I hated the dreaded theme assignment in which the teacher chose what we were to write about. Unlike Ralphie, though, I did not consider using the theme to inform
Leader of the Heavenly Host
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award