Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > MerryCarey's Blog » Christmas Media

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Once Upon a Foggy...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:05 PM
50,005 Views  0 Posts
That's How You Eat Gravy
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:42 PM
46,016 Views  0 Posts
Just Like Jesus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:34 PM
0 Posts
Zero Liability Season's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:46 PM
47,835 Views  0 Posts
The Santa Clause 2...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:11 PM
0 Posts

Anything goes---musings on Christmas music, movies, history, memories---anything Christmas that moves me to write. I hope you find something to enjoy here!

Christmas Media For blogs discussing Christmas in movies, books and other recorded media.
Old

The Christmas Angel, by Abbie Farwell Brown

Posted 12-01-2010 at 11:21 AM by MerryCarey (MerryCarey's Blog)

Occasionally a thread pops up in the Merry Forums asking for advice on good Christmas books to read. This little book, one hundred years old this year, is always my answer. I stumbled across it a few years ago, read it, and fell in love with it. Living Age magazine in 1910 reviewed the book by saying, “Not since Charles Dickens laid down his pen forever has there been a prettier Christmas story written, one more full of the real spirit of Christmas or conveying a more seasonable lesson.” High praise, but well deserved.

When you first begin to read the story, you may believe that you’re reading yet another variation on Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. The main character, old Miss Terry, is a female Scrooge if ever there was one. “What is our Christmas, anyway?” she scoffs. “A time for shopkeepers to sell and for foolish folks to kill themselves in buying. Christmas spirit? No! It is...
Christmas Deity
Posted in Christmas Media

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award