Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Tinseled Musings from a Yule Tuned Mind

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,091
Threads: 53,933
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, JSpringth
Most of the postings found herein are of a Seasonal Musical Kind. Playlists from a show called "Mistletoe Mix" on Kringle Radio & Merry Christmas Radio will be found as well as general musings of lyrical & melodically significance as applicable to Christmas music and the enjoyment thereof.

However, the proverbial right for straying from the musical notes and verse is respectfully hereby instated to include the wanderings therefrom a mind that may every now and again think of something else of which to set to prose.

Welcome! Pull up an earphone or speaker and enjoy!
Old

The U.S. Treasury & Jack Webb

Posted 12-08-2009 at 01:05 PM by RadioJonD (Tinseled Musings from a Yule Tuned Mind)

I've got a couple of out of print (oop) vinyl records for share at www.FaLaLaLaLa.com

Both are for a limited time, so I thought I would post them here are well.

First: http://www.falalalala.com/fireside/i...cseen#msg14605

Those of us growing up in the Sixties and Seventies (and way before) will remember transcription broadcasts on radio. One particular series was for the promotion of Savings Bonds and is the subject of this share. My dad would purchase a bond each per pay period for my brother and me for many years!

Transcription records were recorded, pressed, and sent to participating radio stations for on air broadcast. As such, the complete program runs as one track on the LP. Often, these LPs were one sided as this share is.

This LP was picked up at a flea market. The seller had bought a rather large radio station collection of records and was selling them in his space. ...
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Starting & Adding to Your Christmas Music Library - A Primer

Posted 07-28-2009 at 11:30 AM by RadioJonD (Tinseled Musings from a Yule Tuned Mind)

When building a Christmas Music Library a few fundamentals are in order.

For liturgical Christmas fair, choose a series such as Collectibles ‘Ultimate Christmas’, ‘Readers Digest’, ‘Time Life Treasury of Christmas’ or ‘Now That’s What I Call Christmas!’ That would allow you to build a solid traditional base. The ‘Now’ series will also include a good mix of recent artists and tunes. Avoid buying more than one of these types of packages, as you will begin to duplicate and waste money rather quickly.

Rhino Records Christmas CDs should seriously be considered to add some of the forgotten classics that have reclaimed over the years. Many styles and many genres have been explored. Their ‘Hillbilly Holiday’ CD issue has been long out of print and contains tunes that have never since been on CD. Like Rhino, the Capitol Ultra Lounge Christmas Cocktails CDs have reclaimed forgotten sounds! Hip-O Records ‘Yule B’ Swingin’’ & ‘Yule B’ Swingin’ Too’ should also be considered....
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Radio: It Is What It Is, But Ain't What It Was.

Posted 07-03-2009 at 09:59 AM by RadioJonD (Tinseled Musings from a Yule Tuned Mind)
Updated 07-03-2009 at 11:34 AM by RadioJonD

Two things yesterday caused me to wax the nostalgic broadcast radio surfboard.

First, Sdkluger posted a thread asking about an item he heard on the radio around Christmas when he was growing up. Of course I started digging in my “usual spots” to locate the answer (I’m still working on it).

Second, I was digging around on FaceBook and found a Disc Jockey (Dee-Jay) from back in my teen day named John “Records” Landecker and one from my early adulthood called Slats. When I listened to John in the seventies, he broadcast on 89 WLS-AM out of Chicago. Does anybody else remember his famous “Boogie Checks?” John would take as many phone calls as he could in an allotted amount of time of about one to three minutes. Slats was a high energy dude on KDF out of Nashville, Tennessee. You never knew what was about to happen next! (It's crazy cool that both accepted my FaceBook friend request!)

Chances are, no one here under forty years of age will...
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

'Mistletoe Mix' - September 2008

Posted 06-18-2009 at 10:18 AM by RadioJonD (Tinseled Musings from a Yule Tuned Mind)

‘Mistletoe Mix’ – September 2008

The Very First MM Show Produced Exclusively for Merry Christmas Radio!

Shoutouts, appreciation, and tunage went out to: JayIsh, Jeff Westover, Auntie Mistletoe, Ernie (Not Burt), Maureen, Irish Snow, ChristmasCreations, Binger, & ReineV!

01- Christmas Day – The Max Weinburg 7 featuring Bruce Springsteen
02- Show Open – RadioJonD (over My Favorite Things – Sy Mann)
03- Grandfather Kringle – Burl Ives with the Percy Faith Orchestra & Chorus
04- Merry Christmas Tighten Up – Mark & Mike
05- Christmas Celebration – B. B. King
06- Santa Baby – Everclear
07- Set Break – RadioJonD (over Deck the Halls – Tijuana Brass)
08- Teddi’s Song – John Mellencamp
09- Good King Wencelas – Loreena McKennit
10- Christmas Time Is Here – Thad Cockrell & Roman Candle
11- Merry Christmas Baby – Southern Culture On The Skids
12- Rockin’ This Christmas – The Tractors...
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

'Mistletoe Mix' - Christmas 2008, Baby!

Posted 06-18-2009 at 09:28 AM by RadioJonD (Tinseled Musings from a Yule Tuned Mind)
Updated 06-18-2009 at 09:31 AM by RadioJonD

‘Mistletoe Mix’ – Christmas 2008, Baby!

What you missed while listening to Bing Crosby on that lame “Official Holiday Station.” Bet you couldn’t get a request in there either!

Shoutouts and tunage went out to these fine folk of Merry Network fame: Mumof2, Isabella, Douglas, MerryChrlstmasLydio, FaithMom, Jana Banana, lizziexo, Maureen, JOHNOR, yuletide,...

01- Takin’ Care of Christmas – Randy Bachman
02- Show Open – RadioJonD
03- I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas – Gayla Peevey
04- I Got A Cheese Log – Trout Fishing In America
05- Must Be Santa – Glen Burtnick
06- I Told Santa Claus – Fats Domino
07- Set Break – RadioJonD
08- Bells of Saint Victor’s – Andrew Gold
09- The Bells of Saint Mary’s – Aaron Neville
10- In An Humble Place – Anita Bryant
11- Greensleeves – Jose Feliciano
12- Set Break – RadioJonD