Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Uncategorized

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,013
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,846)
Welcome to our newest member, jkbb0414
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

The End of The Magic

Posted 07-24-2011 at 11:21 AM by caninemom3

Christmas in July was to be an exciting and spectacular intro to the Season. The Season I love best. Unfortunately my brother-in-law developed a very, very serious condition and needed emergent surgery.

I know emergencies happen and I know that none of us are immune to them for we are all mortal.

Christmas in Juy has been a non-existant entity for me this year. Actually it strated before my brother-in-law had to have surgery.

I was jabbering away hapily in an e-mail to my sister because we always go to the Hallmark premiere,when her reply took me completely off guard.

It seemed to intimate that because she no longer needs ornaments she did not wish go to the ornament premiere. Never mind that we didn't have to buy anything and that we could use the day for a sister day. That never even entered her mind. Then Wes needed emergent surgery and of course and without question the ornaments were put on hold.

Two weeks...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Lesson In Charity

Posted 11-11-2010 at 07:17 AM by caninemom3
Tags charity, dirty

[COLOR=seagreen][B]THE BABY AND THE OLD MAN

This is a first-person account from a mother about her family as they ate dinner on Christmas Day in a small restaurant many miles from their home. Nancy, the mother, relates:

We were the only family with children in the restaurant. I sat Erik in a high chair and noticed everyone was quietly eating and talking. Suddenly, Erik squealed with glee and said, "Hi there." He pounded his fat baby hands on the highchair tray. His eyes were wide with excitement and his mouth was bared in a toothless grin. He wriggled and giggled with merriment.

I looked around and saw the source of his merriment. It was a man with a tattered rag of a coat, dirty, greasy and worn. His pants were baggy with a zipper at half-mast and his toes poked out of would be shoes. His shirt was dirty and his hair was uncombed and unwashed. His whiskers were too short to be called a beard and his nose was so varicose, it looked like...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas, Jesus, Rhodesian Ridgebacks And Such

Posted 09-03-2010 at 09:42 AM by caninemom3
Tags ridgeback

There are so many thoughts swirling in my head today, I don't know where to begin ! It is finally September, which means the Autumn equinox will be here shortly ! I am so excited ! I am going to try later today to get all of my Fall/Halloween indoor decorations out. I like to have my decorations (particularly Halloween and Christmas) up a long time beforehand so I can enjoy them longer. I can't wait to see the changing colors of the leaves and to hear Christmas Carols again on the music channel I have when they are "officially" allowed !!! September 1 starts the season my first husband and I used to call Christween, as I have posted in other places on the MMC site. I also think part of my excitement this year is due to MMC itself.

When I come to the site, it is like I am leaving behind any problems, any stress and any sense of negativity, like I am entering "Christmas Land' itself. Everyone here has been so amazingly kind to me, it does make me cry sometimes....
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award