Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Religion & Philosophy

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
Religion & Philosophy Free thinkers and deep thinkers who explore the meaning of Christmas blog here.
Old

A Message From Max

Posted 12-21-2012 at 05:46 AM by caninemom3

[B][I]This is a message from Rev. Max Lucado, a man I very much respect and find inspiration from. I thought it was important to share his thoughts as we approach Christmas this year and include this as part of my blog xo[/I][/B]

Some of the saddest words on earth are: “We don’t have room for you.”
Jesus knew the sound of those words. He was still in Mary’s womb when the innkeeper said, “We don’t have room for you.” (Luke 2:7)
And when he was hung on the cross, wasn’t the message one of utter rejection? “We don’t have room for you in our world.”
Even today Jesus is given the same treatment. He goes from heart to heart, asking if he might enter. Every so often, he’s welcomed. Someone throws open the door of his or her heart and invites him to stay. And to that person Jesus gives this great promise: [I]“In my Father’s house are many rooms.” (John 14:2)[/I]
What a delightful promise he makes us! We make room for him in our hearts….And he makes room for...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

The Journey Of A Lifetime

Posted 11-18-2012 at 09:54 PM by caninemom3
Updated 11-18-2012 at 10:06 PM by caninemom3

She was just an ordinary teenager who lived in a small town. Her parents and family were poor and made a modest living off the land but always provided for her and several relatives as was custom. She had always been a very devout Jewish girl being sure to follow to the letter the laws and traditions of her people. As she sat very still listening to the quiet Summer breeze she was both terrified and excited. A visitor had come to see her just a few hours ago. A visitor who was unlike any she had ever seen or spoken with ever in her life. The visitor was almost human looking but had such a presence of the ethereal about it. It could not be described as man or woman but rather as without gender with a kindly face yet with a commanding presence. The words the visitor spoke were most troubling for the young girl whose name was Miriam.

It had told her she was "blessed among all women" and that she had "found favor with God." How could she of all people have...
Old

God And The Higgs Boson

Posted 07-07-2012 at 01:37 AM by caninemom3

It seems the scientific world has a new "toy". Scientists at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland have discovered at long last their elusive "masterpiece", the Higgs boson, i.e., the God particle.

I am not an intellectual by any means but I can tell from all the hoopla this has received in the press it is apparently a big deal.

Why ? Well apparently the Higgs boson is the particle that gives matter mass. It is associated with the theory that the universe was created with a "big bang".

I can never understand why when something scientific is discovered the elitists from the physics community always say whatever discovery it is points to there being no creator, no God and the Higgs boson is no exception. I surfed a few forums in the last few days where all these "brainy" people are going on and on about the Higgs boson and how it proves there is no God. Worse yet, the majority of them were saying plenty of rude things...
Old

Running Away From Home

Posted 06-18-2012 at 10:14 PM by caninemom3

Thinking back over the past few months makes me tired. There have been so many ups and downs even a yo-yo couldn't keep track. I have been sad that one of my MMC friends was diagnosed with cancer. I have been joyous because my husband and I finally seem to be communicating better than we ever did. I have been devastated to lose one of my furchildren. I have been exhilerated to be able to leave my old job where I was very unhappy for a new job working the shift I wanted only to be shot down and utterly disappointed because the new job did not work out and I had to crawl back to my old one.

During all of this I was going through a kind of agnostic period in my life. I have had doubts before but never like the doubts I had this time. It seemed as though the world and life and all the troubles that come with them were all crushing me and I had no place to turn. I actually felt for the first time ever that there was nobody there to hear me. I tried to listen but all I heard was...
Old

Take Good Care of My Baby

Posted 05-06-2012 at 09:16 PM by caninemom3
Updated 05-07-2012 at 06:05 AM by caninemom3

There are many changes in life happy and sad. Despite all the changes through the years the one constant I always had was my belief and faith in God. Until now. It is hard for me to believe that it was just Good Friday when I wrote an entry to Jesus in my blog here on MMC. Here I am today with a completly changed perception of everything.

I have drifted from faith and believing right into agnosticism, that is I simply do not know. I am not knocking anyone else who is firm in their faith, I am not trying to promote atheism or even to proselytize being an agnostic. For me the only thing that half way works right now is to say I don't know if any of it is true. I don't know if there is God or Christ or anything.

From my perception I do know that for the most part (for who knows how long) when I have prayed I have felt nothing but emptiness echoing my words. No presence hearing me, no love coming back. I know people can think God is supposed to answer in a certain...

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award