Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Religion & Philosophy

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,448
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,132)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Jingle Bell
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:57 PM
46,359 Views  0 Posts
How to Fit the Tree in...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:44 PM
Last post by Christmas-A-Holic
06-27-2011 08:13 PM
44,671 Views  3 Posts
present The Delicate Art of...
By MMC Editor
09-13-2011 12:12 AM
46,127 Views  0 Posts
“The Man Who Didn’t Know...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:18 AM
57,627 Views  0 Posts
The Tale of La Befana
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:52 PM
60,871 Views  0 Posts
Religion & Philosophy Free thinkers and deep thinkers who explore the meaning of Christmas blog here.
Old

The Christmas Ten Commandments

Posted 11-08-2010 at 07:19 AM by caninemom3
Updated 11-10-2010 at 04:46 PM by caninemom3 (commandment)

This is another inspirational and anonymous work I found some time ago and I wanted to share it with my Christmas family when the time was right !! Since it is neary "official" Christmas Season I feel that time is now !! I hope some will like it !!

THE CHRISTMAS TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. Thou shalt give thy heart to Christ. Let Him be at the top of thy Christmas list

2. Thou shalt prepare thy soul for Christmas. Spend not so much on gifts that thy soul is forgotten.

3. Thou shalt not let Santa Claus replace Christ, thus robbing the day of its spiritual reality.

4. Thou shalt not burden the shop girl, the mailman, and the merchant with complaints and demands.

5. Thou shalt give thyself with thy gift. This will increase its value a hundred fold, and he who receiveth it shall treasure it forever.

6. Thou shalt not value gifts received by their cost. Even the least expensive may signify love,...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

Help From The Bible

Posted 11-04-2010 at 07:54 AM by caninemom3
Updated 11-10-2010 at 04:45 PM by caninemom3 (bible)

I believe in the bible as the word of God. It has always brought me so much comfort. I have always wanted others to find that same comfort and love that I feel I have found. I found this list of "emgerency numbers" some time ago and lost it and now am posting it here. I hope it will help some to feel how much God loves all of us:

[B]EMERGENCY NUMBERS[/B]

Emergency numbers may be dialed direct. No operator assistance is necessary.

EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
When in sorrow, ......................................... call John 14
When men fail you, ..................................... call Psalm 27
If you want to be fruitful, ............................. call John 15
When you have sinned, .................................. call Psalm 51
When you worry, ................................. call Matthew 6:19-34
When you are in danger, ................................ call Psalm 91
When...
Old

One Of My Favorite Poems

Posted 10-14-2010 at 11:31 AM by caninemom3

[B]This poem has long been one of my very, very favorites. I wanted to post it in my blog so that perhaps it will inspire others as it has me. [/B]

[B]It was written by [/B][B][B]Max Ehrmann c.1920[/B][/B]

THE DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,...
Old

Killing Christmas

Posted 09-22-2010 at 09:04 PM by caninemom3

I guess I am just an idealistic sap. Each year as Christmas approaches I try to spread the Christmas spirit to everyone around me. I don't do this to be "pushy" or to try and push my faith or anything like that. I do it because it is the one time of the year I feel is truly different and I really do feel the hearts of humans tend to open a bit more at Christmas time to each other. I FEEL Christmas in my very soul and I feel I have to try and share its warmth with everyone.

I always say "Merry CHRISTmas" because for me CHRISTmas is about Christ and family and I do not just mean my family of origin because most of them are gone. I mean the family of mankind. I am usually quite bubbly and overly friendly when I am doing this and get more than a few odd looks from people. That is nothing new. I have been an oddball all my life and if being exuberant in my celebration of Christmas classifies me as an oddball then so be it !!

I somehow allow myself...
Old

Just A Dog

Posted 09-21-2010 at 11:17 AM by caninemom3
Updated 01-09-2011 at 12:00 PM by caninemom3 (dog, furchildren)

[B][COLOR=black]Here is a poem I had to post. This describes completely how I feel about my furchildren who are "just dogs". I hope all the animal lovers here will enjoy this. I found it to be very beautiful. [/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen][U]JUST A DOG[/U][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]or "that's a lot of money for just a dog."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]They don't understand the distance travelled, the time spent,[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]or the costs involved for "just a dog."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][COLOR=seagreen]Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog,"[/COLOR][/B]...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award