Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Religion & Philosophy

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,976
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, TAlbritto
Religion & Philosophy Free thinkers and deep thinkers who explore the meaning of Christmas blog here.
Old

Do You See Him ?

Posted 11-21-2010 at 01:23 PM by caninemom3

[B]Do You See Him?[/B]
[B][I]by Max Lucado[/I][/B]

[B]ITíS CHRISTMAS NIGHT. THE HOUSE IS QUIET. [/B]

[B]Even the crackle is gone from the fireplace. The last of the carolers appeared on the ten oíclock news. The last of the apple pie was eaten by my brother-in-law. And the last of the Christmas albums have been stored away having dutifully performed their annual rendition of chestnuts, white Christmases, and red-nosed reindeers.[/B]

[B]Itís Christmas night.[/B]

[B]The midnight hour has chimed and I should be asleep, but Iím awake. Iím kept awake by one stunning thought. [/B]

[B]The world was different this week. It was temporarily transformed.[/B]

[B]The magical dust of Christmas glittered on the cheeks of humanity ever so briefly, reminding us of what is worth having and what we were intended to be. [/B]

[B]We forgot our compulsion with winning, wooing, and warring. We put away our...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

1 Corrinthians 13 - Christmas Version

Posted 11-19-2010 at 04:48 AM by caninemom3
Tags love

1[B][COLOR=seagreen] CORRINTHIANS 13 CHRISTMAS VERSION[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home, and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata, but do not focus on Christ, I have missed the point.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]Love stops the...
Old

A Long Thank You

Posted 11-16-2010 at 01:14 PM by caninemom3
Tags psalm

[COLOR=seagreen][B]Today we found out that DJ, my stepson, who was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease stage III and who finished chemo is IN COMPLETE REMISSION !! Along with my MMC family who have supported me, laughed with me and I am sure cried with me, I offer this Psalm of King David as well as offering it to Our Father. The words are not mine but I could not have expressed what I am feeling right now in a more eloquent and humble fashion and to my MMC family, MERRY CHRISTmas !! Though I am very poor at this time in my life, I truly give each and every one of you my heart and friendship xo [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=#2e8b57][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=seagreen][B]I love you, LORD, my strength. [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][B]2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][B]my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][B]my shield[[/B][/COLOR][URL="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+18&version=NIV#fen-NIV-14121b"][U][COLOR=seagreen][B]b[/B][/COLOR][/U][/URL][COLOR=seagreen][B]]...
Old

Who Started Christmas

Posted 11-10-2010 at 03:09 PM by caninemom3

[COLOR=seagreen][B]I must be the world's most annoying blogger. The past few days I have wanted to share the inspiration I feel at Christmas time with my Christmas family. I do not really have words of my own so I have posted a couple of inspirational writings that I thought some might enjoy. Well, here we go again. This is another one. It is to the point and not quite as "fluffy" as the other ones. Nevertheless, I think it makes a good point. [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][B]WHO STARTED CHRISTMAS?

This morning I heard a story on the radio of a woman who was out Christmas shopping with her two children. After many hours of looking at row after row of toys and everything else imaginable. And after hours of hearing both her children asking for everything they saw on those many shelves, she finally made it to the elevator with her two kids.

She was feeling what so many of us feel during the holiday season time...
Old

Remember My Birthday - A Different Perspective

Posted 11-08-2010 at 04:00 PM by caninemom3
Updated 11-10-2010 at 04:46 PM by caninemom3 (Christ)

[B][COLOR=seagreen]HOW TO CELEBRATE CHRIST'S BIRTHDAY[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]-- from Christ[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]Dear children,[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan festival. Although I do appreciate being remembered anytime.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth just, GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Now, having said that, let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth,...

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award