Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
Old

Remember My Birthday - A Different Perspective

Posted 11-08-2010 at 04:00 PM by caninemom3
Updated 11-10-2010 at 04:46 PM by caninemom3 (Christ)

[B][COLOR=seagreen]HOW TO CELEBRATE CHRIST'S BIRTHDAY[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]-- from Christ[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]Dear children,[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan festival. Although I do appreciate being remembered anytime.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=seagreen]How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth just, GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Now, having said that, let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth,...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

The Christmas Ten Commandments

Posted 11-08-2010 at 07:19 AM by caninemom3
Updated 11-10-2010 at 04:46 PM by caninemom3 (commandment)

This is another inspirational and anonymous work I found some time ago and I wanted to share it with my Christmas family when the time was right !! Since it is neary "official" Christmas Season I feel that time is now !! I hope some will like it !!

THE CHRISTMAS TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. Thou shalt give thy heart to Christ. Let Him be at the top of thy Christmas list

2. Thou shalt prepare thy soul for Christmas. Spend not so much on gifts that thy soul is forgotten.

3. Thou shalt not let Santa Claus replace Christ, thus robbing the day of its spiritual reality.

4. Thou shalt not burden the shop girl, the mailman, and the merchant with complaints and demands.

5. Thou shalt give thyself with thy gift. This will increase its value a hundred fold, and he who receiveth it shall treasure it forever.

6. Thou shalt not value gifts received by their cost. Even the least expensive may signify love,...
Old

Help From The Bible

Posted 11-04-2010 at 07:54 AM by caninemom3
Updated 11-10-2010 at 04:45 PM by caninemom3 (bible)

I believe in the bible as the word of God. It has always brought me so much comfort. I have always wanted others to find that same comfort and love that I feel I have found. I found this list of "emgerency numbers" some time ago and lost it and now am posting it here. I hope it will help some to feel how much God loves all of us:

[B]EMERGENCY NUMBERS[/B]

Emergency numbers may be dialed direct. No operator assistance is necessary.

EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
When in sorrow, ......................................... call John 14
When men fail you, ..................................... call Psalm 27
If you want to be fruitful, ............................. call John 15
When you have sinned, .................................. call Psalm 51
When you worry, ................................. call Matthew 6:19-34
When you are in danger, ................................ call Psalm 91
When...
Old

Dear David

Posted 11-02-2010 at 07:58 PM by caninemom3
Tags david

Dear David,

How do I begin ??

I have thought about you all day today, but then you are always on my mind anyway a lot of the time.

This is the day you left 18 years ago.

On that day I was at work. You had worked midnights but you had called me in the morning to tell me that you had a meeting at work to go to and would be late getting in and I was working day shift so we would miss each other. Little did I realize I would never see you alive again.

I worked at Rite Aid in those days because I wanted "something to do" and not because we really needed the money. You made enough for us to live comfortably. My shift on November 2, 1992 was only a short one. I got off work around 2 p.m. and I will never forget that it was raining when I got home.

I knew as soon as I pulled in the driveway something was very, very wrong. I don't know how I knew it, I just did. For one thing, our canine furchildren...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Brief Moment Of Peace

Posted 10-28-2010 at 07:29 PM by caninemom3
Tags stressful

This has been one of the most stressful weeks I can recall in a long time.

To Start with I am a "pet parent" and one of my kitties is in the hospital. It seems she has some problems with her liver and the doctor wanted to admit her for IV fluids to bring down her bilirubin. He said she had a lot of biliary sludge and that this sometimes happens with older kitties.

On top of that we FINALLY got our furnace installed. What a blessing this is. It was quite stressful though as the guys who put it in of course had to run in and out quite a bit and every time left the doors hanging open. Now, we had our other 2 kitties in a room where they could not get out but after several hours we could not stand their cryiing any longer and so told the workers they HAD to CLOSE THE DOORS behind them. Of course, they did not heed anything we said.

I am glad to say, that no kitties escaped and the furnace is in !! Thank God above !! Last Winter was an...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award