Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Mom's Letter to Santa
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:40 PM
Last post by lauriebear
09-16-2011 12:36 PM
59,995 Views  3 Posts
"Christmas Every Day"...
By MerryCarey
10-28-2011 02:23 PM
65,923 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Things Never to...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:54 PM
46,172 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,175 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in the 1930s
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:02 PM
63,482 Views  0 Posts
Old

Kindred spirits

Posted 08-25-2010 at 04:26 PM by caninemom3

Animals mean a lot to me. In fact, they are what keeps me going when nothing else seems to help. I have 3 canines and 3 felines and they are my "furry children." I tend to love all animals though, not just the cute ones, I have a healthy respect for the not so cute ones too, you know, snakes, spiders, etc. I would never hurt a creature unless one was hurting one of my furchildren. I do not personally even believe in killing ants, bees, or whatever. I have just always felt a kind of connection to animals because perhaps I am a mammal myself, which is an animal. It seems a lot of folks do not like to think of themselves as animals but we are.

Throughout my life my furchildren have been there for me. From the time I was just little to now. It of course has not been the same furchildren as I have now, because as we know they sadly have a very brief life span. I would NEVER think of ever hurting one or abusing one and those who do in my opinion need to have whatever...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Angels on earth

Posted 08-21-2010 at 07:03 AM by caninemom3
Tags angels

As usual, I don't know how to start. I want to talk about 2 amazing people who I have known since I was about 16, a very, very long time. Their names are Paul and Sue and they are my very, very best friends in this world or any other. They are both nurses, she an R.N. and he an L.P.N. and both have hearts bigger and more giving and warmer than the sun. Throughout my life Paul and Susan as I call her have been with me in the worst possible times and also the best possible times. Paul was best man at my first wedding to David. In fact, he and David wen to to school together. I met Susan when I was dating David and Susan and Paul had begun to date. It was instant sisterhood, let me tell you. I could go on and on about how wonderful these 2 people are and what they mean to me but we would be here all day and it would get really boring for those of you trying to read this, so I will cut it down to a couple of incidents.

In 1992 Paul and Susan and David and I had a ritual of meeting...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Melancholia

Posted 08-11-2010 at 08:30 PM by caninemom3
Tags brother

I did not think I would feel like this tonight. For most people August 11 is just the day before August 12 and August 12 is just another day. For me, however, August 12 is the commemoration of the death of my big brother, Andy, the brother I was closest to. I have posted in another blog about Andy and August 12 so I do not want to be repetitious here. My mood and emotions are dark this evening, darker than indigo. Why does it still hurt so much ?? I would have thought that after this long I would "get over" it. That is not the case. It is all still quite vivid to me and it hurts. As it was told to the family Andy had died sometime between 2 and 3 in the afternoon that day but the family did not find out about it until evening time because law enforcement could not decide whose jurisdiction it was. Ridiculous !!

Andy, you are supposed to be here. The pain of being without you and your friendship is paralyzing and excruciating at the same time. What I would give...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Talking To The Master

Posted 08-09-2010 at 09:41 PM by caninemom3
Tags jesus

I had made a post to a thread here on the site called "Christmas Present Take Or Pass". I had posted the gift of being able to talk with any historic figure. George Broderick Jr.'s answer really started me thinking and thank goodness for George for posting it. He listed one of the people he would like to talk to as Jesus. What a wonderful conversation that would be !! To ACTUALLY talk face to face with HIM !! I imagine myself sitting across from Him. I can see him in my mind's eye. He has hair to His shoulders and of course a beard and He has the kindest and saddest eyes I could ever imagine. To be in His physical presence would be so peaceful, so full of a glowing kind of love I think. The kind of love not found on this earth, not ever experienced by me. Of course, He would have the scars from His first time on this earth. What would I say ?? Would I have the courage to speak ?? I think I would want to tell Him that I know I need to be more like Him. I would ask him why He even...
Old

The Start Of The Magic

Posted 08-07-2010 at 08:17 AM by caninemom3
Tags christmas

It's coming, I feel it. Right now it is a kind of subtle giddiness inside me, a vague sense of excitement, an inside kind of glow. The Christmas season is just around the corner and I feel it !!! Do you feel it as well ??? I was in Rite Aid yesterday and they have Fall things out, which to me is a direct connection to Christmas !!! I am starting to hear songs in my head........."...angels we have heard on high..." Or .........."Chestnuts roasting on an open fire......" As this excitement continues to grow I always tend to grow more hopeful for the world. I am a little idealistic but each year as Christmas approaches I always have the hope that maybe people will finally realize we are all part of the same family, the human family and that some of the silly divisions between us will abate because of that realization and that everyone perhaps will be touched by the magic that is Christmas. The lights, the tree, the decorations, the carols, the time spent quietly appreciating...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award