Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Emily's Highest Bough
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:47 PM
43,885 Views  0 Posts
The Angel or the Star?
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:45 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:57 PM
49,995 Views  1 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
53,994 Views  0 Posts
When Bad Things Happen...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:24 PM
43,706 Views  0 Posts
Charlie Brown's...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:58 PM
56,377 Views  0 Posts
Old

A Journey Of Spirit

Posted 12-12-2012 at 01:28 AM by caninemom3
Updated 12-12-2012 at 01:30 AM by caninemom3

There was a Christmas special which premiered many years ago called Mr. Krueger's Christmas. I think it was largely overlooked and for me it is one of the most moving, Christmassy specials there ever has been. In it, Jimmy Stewart plays a man who is very much alone and very much in need of love and friendship. He is a widowed janitor of an apartment building and daydreams most of the time to escape loneliness. One of his daydreams is about the first Christmas. He daydreams that he is right there when it happened !

This is particularly meaningful for me as I have done the same thing many times. I think of it as a journey of my spirit.

As I daydream, I start to become drowsy and fall asleep and as I do so I can see in my mind the hilly country around me. There are lots of sheep and shepherds in the hills. It is a chilly night though not as chilly as some of our Christmas carols make it. Everything is peaceful as I walk along. Nobody can see me since this journey...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

The Journey Of A Lifetime

Posted 11-18-2012 at 09:54 PM by caninemom3
Updated 11-18-2012 at 10:06 PM by caninemom3

She was just an ordinary teenager who lived in a small town. Her parents and family were poor and made a modest living off the land but always provided for her and several relatives as was custom. She had always been a very devout Jewish girl being sure to follow to the letter the laws and traditions of her people. As she sat very still listening to the quiet Summer breeze she was both terrified and excited. A visitor had come to see her just a few hours ago. A visitor who was unlike any she had ever seen or spoken with ever in her life. The visitor was almost human looking but had such a presence of the ethereal about it. It could not be described as man or woman but rather as without gender with a kindly face yet with a commanding presence. The words the visitor spoke were most troubling for the young girl whose name was Miriam.

It had told her she was "blessed among all women" and that she had "found favor with God." How could she of all people have...
Old

Home For Christmas

Posted 11-16-2012 at 07:15 PM by caninemom3

The little girl was 6 years old and just brimming over with excitement ! Christmastime had come again and it was snowing heavily. A thick sparkling blanket of snow was upon everything outside. It was Christmas Eve 1960 and Santa was going to make his annual appearance that very night.

All was in readiness. Mom was baking cookies and was nearly finished. Dad was doing "dad" things. He always tape recorded Christmas morning on the "latest" in technology tape recorder so he could enjoy hearing everyone in all their Christmas excitement later on when all the chaos was over and he could relax and just enjoy his family. He was also preparing because he was going to record a talk he planned to have with Santa that evening for his 6-year-old. Her two brothers were being very secretive about something as well as her sister and everyone was feeling Christmas in the air. She did not know it but her two brothers had saved for weeks to buy their baby sister a giant...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Thoughts On A Hot Summer Evening

Posted 07-23-2012 at 10:29 PM by caninemom3

It is late on a Monday evening and still quite warm out. Everyone is asleep except for me. That is pretty usual. I never seem to be able to sleep when everyone else is sleeping. I am tired and on the verge of a full blown migraine attack but no matter, for I am content for the moment.

Today I turned in my resignation to the transcription company I work for. This is the second time I have done so, but I am hoping the final time. I have only been with them since February of 2011 and it has been an outright nightmare from day one. Their dicators are the WORST I have ever heard in my life and that is not always because they are "foreign". Even their "regular American" dictators are quite bad. You would think after being a medical transcriptionist for 19 years I would be able to handle any dialect, even bad speaking American doctors, but that is not the case. Perhaps I am just not that good at my job. Whatever the reason, I am hoping to get back to enjoying...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

You Are My Sunshine

Posted 07-14-2012 at 09:38 PM by caninemom3
Updated 07-19-2012 at 09:09 AM by caninemom3

This time of the year always brings back very vivid memories to me of when I was little back in the mid 1960s. Summers then were hot and dry and filled with dreamy days alternating between playing games like hopscotch and hide and go seek and staying outside in my bare feet until dusk when I had to go in and get my bath and get ready for bed. On Friday nights I remember my brothers and sister and I would always watch a local TV show in our area called Ghoulardi. Ghoulardi was a man whose real name was Ernie Anderson who worked at one of the Cleveland, Ohio TV stations and each week put on a fake beard, wig, hat and lab coat and played host to a really bad grade B horror movie each week. All the kids at the time just loved his show, not so much for the movies, but for the time in between when he would be on the screen. He would make really corny jokes and "blow" lots of things up with small firecrackers. He was just ultimately cool and we always looked forward to his show each...
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award