Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,440
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,067 Views  0 Posts
Why Santa Doesn't Use...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:22 PM
39,994 Views  0 Posts
What is Mrs. Claus'...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
57,498 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: I Want, I...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:38 PM
39,295 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Book Review: Good King...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2012 12:50 AM
86,247 Views  0 Posts
Old

A Sadness Of My Profession

Posted 08-05-2010 at 12:28 PM by caninemom3

I have been a medical transcriptionist for the last 16, nearly 17 years. This means that I listen to doctors dictate about patients and whatever may be ailing them. I type many of the medical specialities that are in existence. One of the specialties I type has to do with drug and alcohol addiction. Every now and again a patient's story gets to me. It should not, I know, as I do not know any of these folks but sometimes I get overwhelmingly empathetic. Today I typed a lady who was just 42 and a heroin addict. She also was a mother. She readily admitted to the doc that she was an addict and not ready to quit. I know some folks will feel that she makes and has made her own choices. I feel that way too to an extent but I still felt incredibly sad for her and her family. I have typed many reports like this over the course of time I have been employed in transcription. Why her ?? What was it about her story that bothers me so much ? I don't know. All I could do at one point was stop typing...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Peacefulness On A Hot Summer Day

Posted 07-31-2010 at 07:31 PM by caninemom3
Tags mass

Today was such a wonderful day. A very satisfying day. Earlier in the day I went grocery shopping and ran errands with my husband. Later on, since I am Catholic, I attended Mass. Now, as a Catholic I am SUPPOSED to attend Mass every week, but I don't. No excuses here. I am at fault and I admit it. When I got to church it was so peaceful inside. After making my apologies to my Heavenly Father a great calm came over me. There was time before Mass started so I was able to sit and reflect somewhat. It seemed to me that perhaps instead of all this fighting humans do about which demonination is right or wrong or which religion is right or wrong, maybe we should be focusing on the really important factor - GOD. All this fighting is contrary to His message - LOVE ONE ANOTHER. To me God has always, always meant love AND TOLERANCE. To me, Jesus was extremely tolerant in his Earthly mission. Can you imagine if He had not been ?? I can't explan it, and you will probably think I am a little crazy and...
Old

An Unwelcome Anniversary

Posted 07-30-2010 at 03:54 AM by caninemom3
Tags death

On August 12 of this year it will be the commemoration of an anniversary I wish had never happened, the death of my beloved big brother, Andy. It will be 33 years this year since Andy passed and to tell you the truth, I still miss him as much now as I did then. Andy was just 31 years of age. A good guy and a bit of a rable rouser. His favorite band was the Rolling Stones. In fact, I can still see him sitting in our parents' living room listening to the Stones with headphones while singing along ! He didn't realize that what was being heard by the rest of us could be likened to a Tom cat wanting to mate. We were very close. He was always very protective of me and let me know that he would be here for me no matter what, except that he no longer is. That Summer day, August 12, 1977, it was very hot. Andy was going through a period of being down on his luck. He had been laid off from his job and was back living with our parents. His wife had kicked him out and was seeking a divorce. Very often...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Miraculous Day

Posted 07-27-2010 at 02:01 PM by caninemom3
Tags stepson

On Sunday, July 25, a benefit was thrown to help my stepson, DJ and his girlfriend and their newborn baby. If some of you don't know, DJ was diagnosed with stage III Hodgkin's disease a few months ago and is undergoing treatment. At this point he is unable to work. He and his girlfriend recently had a wee one who also has problems. The little precious one was born with a condition called "gastroschisis" which means that part of the intestines were born OUTSIDE her body. Immediately upon being delivered via c-section, Haley was taken to Akron Children's Hospital. She is now doing well. She may even get to come home this week.

I approached attending the benefit with some fear and trepidation. I am uncomfortable meeting people and EXTREMELY EXTREMELY self conscious all the time. I did not feel as though I had anything to contribute and I was there to honor DJ even though honestly I have never been close to either of my stepchildren. My presence I felt was a show of...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Furchildren, Polar Bears And Christmas In July

Posted 07-24-2010 at 10:19 AM by caninemom3

Today is Christmas in July and a very Merry CHRISTmas to everyone !! As I sit here typing and thinking and reflecting I am also listening to Christmas music. Not just any Christmas music, although all of it is special to me. This is Nat King Cole Christmas music. I love this man. When The Christmas Song comes on wherever I am, I can't help it but I get tears in my eyes. He is the epitome of childhood Christmas memories to me not to mention one of the most expressive, smooth and talented singers and jazz pianists I have ever heard. The Christmas Song by Nat instantaneously brings all my childhood memories flooding back. And they are all good ones. I can see myself at the age of 9 or 10 and my parents, my brothers and my sister all around the tree on Christmas morning and there is a definite magic in the air, though most of the magic occured then and now on Christmas Eve. I see us laughing, talking exchanging gifts and hugs and I am of course the apple of everyones' eyes because I am the...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award