Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Old

Obssession And Hunger Of A Food Addict

Posted 07-17-2010 at 04:20 PM by caninemom3
Tags addict

[B]Tonight, Saturday, I am really struggling. I have run a gamot of emotions lately and each time I do my food obssession seems to kick in. I want to eat EVERYTHING in the house. Why do I get like this ?? My body is not truly hungry (at least I don't think it is). It just seems that all of my life has been spent dieting or gaining weight. I have been successful at losing weight many times as I am sure all of us have. The trick is to KEEP it off. I even did that for about 3 or 4 years. Then the hunger/obssession/binging returned as it ALWAYS DOES and I gained 30+ pounds in no time. I felt helpless. [/B]

[B]For the time being, I am not overweight. I am 5 feet, 2 inches and I am very, very small framed ( just like my mom, Susy) and I weigh in the range of 92 to 93 pounds. This is a good weight for my body. I know it is slight but any more weight and I kick into asthma. [/B]

[B]It just seems as though once I get food/eating "on the brain" it will NOT go...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ponderings About Life, Christmas And Beyond..

Posted 07-16-2010 at 05:25 PM by caninemom3
Tags life

I guess you could say I am rather serious a lot of the time. At least in these blogs I certainly have been, but honestly I DO have a fun side!! I do have lots of questions, though that nobody here on Earth can answer. I ponder and ponder and then ponder some more. I will never understand why good people have to suffer when it seems bad, cruel people sometimes seem to have it easy and get away with the atrocities they have committed. Why ??? Why were the Nazis allowed to annihilate Jewish and other people ?? Why are sickos allowed to hurt (or worse) innocent children and animals ?? Why ?? I just don't understand. I believe in God and most specifically in Jesus Christ but I still question. Does that make me a heathon ?? I don't think so.

Since I have gotten into my mid 50s I must confess I have begun to feel I have more BEHIND me than I have BEFORE me and it terrifies me. It does no good, but I worry about illness and death all the time. I guess you might say I am ruining...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas Magic And MMC

Posted 07-13-2010 at 09:04 PM by caninemom3
Tags mmc

A weird thing always happens to me even before Christmas is even over. A few days before Christmas Eve I begin to be sad because I know that it will all soon be over for another year. It seems to get worse every year with every birthday. Last year, however, something changed. I was depressed as usual but in late December when the Christmas blues were kicing in full scale I found this site. It made me feel like Christmas was here, waiting for me. It felt magical, like going to a 24/7 celebration of Jesus' birth with all the good feelings associated with that as well as all the excitement. I began to read some of the posts and I noticed right away how respectful everyone was toward each other. I was amazed. I have been to other Christmas sites and even am a member of a couple others but this one is so special. I truly believe this website has Christmas magic and part of that magic is due to the way Mr. Westover oversees everything. I call him Mr. Westover because as I am speaking about his...
Old

A Letter To Susy

Posted 07-10-2010 at 01:11 PM by caninemom3
Tags mom

Dear Susy,

First of all, let me change that to Dear Mom. Everyone called you Susy but not me. You were my mother and I called you mom. I want to talk to you and this is the one way I can do that. I want to thank you. You did so much for me, for all of us but you and I were like sisters rather than mom and daughter. As you know, I have always been a little timid around others but as I long as I can remember you were always there with me encouraging me and telling me how wonderful I was. Telling me that I could do whatever I wanted. When the kids began to make fun of me in Junior High because they said I was ugly and a freak you always came to my aid. You said it was because they were just jealous of me, little did I know you said that because you loved me so much and not necessarily because it was true but nevertheless what you said helped me. You always had time for me. You made time when I was sick, anxious, scared, depressed, angry, happy or whatever. You were tireless...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Reflections Of A Special Birthday

Posted 07-02-2010 at 03:44 PM by caninemom3
Tags husband

[B]I didn't know if I really should post this blog and I have been thinking about it for a few days. I decided to go ahead so here goes:[/B]

[B]Today is a special day, the birthday of a very special person who is no longer in this world. His name was David and he was my first husband. David was born July 2, 1951, and was such an amazing human being. I wish you could have all met him. He would have been 59 years old today. [/B]

[B]David was extremely bright, always did well in school. In fact, he was one of those individuals who was actually bored because school was not challenging enough even starting with grade school !! He was about 6'3 and looked like a stereotypical "mean biker" but the truth is David was a real softie. He would not hurt even a fly. In fact, if any of you have ever watched the Harry Potter movies, the character of Hagrid reminds me of David, especially in the first movie as Hagrid's first appearance is on a flying motorcycle. David...
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award